I heard the corking of the gun making my whole world freeze. "Please let me go senõrita, please" I heard the pleas of José making the tears flowed painfully and my heart to ache for him.

She pulled my hands aggressively and slapped the gun in my hands.

"I know you can't see Matilda, I'm just doing you a favor of not seeing his blood consider it a kind gesture from me cause it's your birthday, I'll guide you".

"Claudia please, I'd do any....

"Shut up, keep. Your. Mouth. Shut". She roughly pulled me from behind, her breath fanning my neck that I could sense the danger radiating of her body making me gulp, she forcefully rose my hand so I could point the gun at José and I heard the pleas of everyone unfortunately it wasn't in my power to stop the murder that is yet to happen.

"Pull the trigger now, matilda pull. the. trigger".

With shaky hands I curled my hands around it and BOOM came the horrific sound followed by the sound of his body falling heavily on the floor made my heart fall too.

I felt like my whole world had been destroyed, I had it at the back of my mind that he betrayed me but that didn't change my feelings for him.

I'd never forgive Claudia for this, I'll live with this scar for the rest of my life.

*****

I fell to the ground and wept profusely. The blindfold was lifted off my eyes but I didn't want to open my eyes and face the reality of the death of josé and the fact I was the one who took his life.

I let the tears roll down my whole body S
shaking as i sobbed, I should have listened to Claudia.

I actually planned on giving her a piece of my mind but I decided against it that could land me to an early grave.

I felt heavy rays of light trying to pass through my already closed eyes making my brains confused, I slowly and steadily opened my eyes the tears blurring my vision.

I opened my eyes fully and blinked to clear my vision, I found a smiling josé right in front of me making me scream and fall back in fear.

Could it be that his ghost....but isn't it too early for his ghost to start haunting.....I looked around to find the grand hall decorated beautifully, my eyes caught some of my friends from school, gioia and alfeiri smiling too, I turned my gaze towards her, she wasn't smiling but she had a calm and satisfied expression on her face.

"W....what's happening?" I whispered.

Gioia walked to me and pulled a confused antonia and I together holding our shoulders.

"Your dear sister decided to surprise you both" she told us excitingly, I let my eyes fall on her and noticed how she hid her smile perfectly, making me wonder why can't she just smile cause I bet it'll be a pretty sight.

José came up to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry matilda I had to do that it was a clear instruction from your sister and you know how monsterous she is when she wants something done" he dramatically spoke forgetting she was right here with us, she glared at him making him gulp in fear and send a quick apology to her.

"So who did I shoot?"

"Nobody honey, just the empty air and josé pretended to fall down" gioia explained.

My heart did a weird flip and i felt relieved, my heart melted at the weird surprise but that's the thing with her she can never be normal all her things are dark and odd.

I didn't know how to thank her so I just passed a small smile her way but Antonia ran to hug her leaving her shocked which also left me shocked cause this the first time I've seen her shocked, Claudia is not the one to be taken by surprise but today she........