Chapter (65): Dulcet Bells

Start from the beginning

"Is everything okay?" asked Wren.

"Yes and no." said Emily.

"Are you okay?" asked Monique.

"Uh, yeah, I think."

"Did you talk with Madeline?" asked Emily. "Did you finally tell her?"

"Actually-"

"What did you two do? Are you even back to being friends?" asked Monique. "Should we be worried?"

"Is it good?" asked Emily. "At least?"

"What's taking you so long?!" Madeline called out from the bedroom and everyone in the room stopped, even the girls stopped with their questioning and looked at Wren.

"Are you kidding me, Wren?!" Monique yelled at her. "You have a woman in your bedroom? Is that what you do now?! Instead of winning Madeline back?!"

"Monique..." said Wren softly but Monique continued with her scolding, Elise was frowning, thinking that her girlfriend was exaggerating and Emily was shaking her head angrily at Wren, agreeing with Monique on every word.

Elise walked past them all and headed to the bedroom and Wren was trying to calm them both down. Elise got inside the room and her lips curled into a smile when she saw Madeline already getting out of bed with confused expression all over her face.

"Hey," said Elise, offering her hand to Madeline. "you really should come out and calm the storm or it will be a massacre." she said jokingly and was happy that Madeline understood what she meant.

They both stepped out of the bedroom and walked over to the group as Wren was trying to speak but Monique and Emily interrupted her. Elise shook her head and put her fingers under her tongue and whistled loud enough to make them stop and give her the attention.

Monique's mouth got opened and Emily's jaw dropped. Madeline's eyes locked with Wren and smiled at her when she saw how exhausted she looked from the arguing, and finally Wren smiled in return.

"That's what I was trying to say. We're back together." said Wren with a sigh and rested her hands on her waist. "If you both just for once give me a chance and never create scenarios on your own, our lives would have been much easier, Jesus!" said Wren with a chuckle.

"No wait, I don't get it." said Emily. "What just happened here?" Wren rolled her eyes and collapsed on the couch, looking at the ceiling covering her face.

Madeline decided to step in the conversation since Wren got so tired and she was involved in it as well. "We are back together. We talked about everything and solved our problems. We talked about our insecurities, our issues and about what happened with Wren in Georgina's presence... and that's it." she said with a smile.

"Yeah, but..." said Monique, looking back and forth between them. "Why none of you called us and told us anything? Why do you always do this?"

"Yeah, you did this before."

"We just need time. Our time. To figure things out. I didn't cheat on Madeline but I made a mistake as well by hiding what happened in New York with Georgina from her. So yeah it was my fault. A fault that we both needed to talk about and try to solve which we're still doing right now." said Wren revealing her face.

Elise cleared her throat. "What's so hard to understand here? They talked and ended the bad things and they're having their own fresh start. They needed a breather to figure things out." She shrugged again.

There was an awkward silence in the room, and Madeline and Wren made an eye contact. "Aren't you guys happy for us?" asked Madeline breaking the tension in the room.