Chapter (6): A Heart Confession

Madeline woke up energized and made herself breakfast and a cup of warm coffee, relishing its taste while sitting in the balcony and enjoying the serene view in the fresh morning. She heard her phone buzz on the table and she grabbed it and it was a text message from Eva.

~Can we meet today since it's Saturday? I have exciting news! Bring Wren with you~

She texted Eva back and went to change her clothes into casual attire. She put on red floral off shoulder top and tight white jeans with wedge heels.

Madeline decided to take a cab instead of her new car since she is going to Wren's first. The cab driver took her to Wren's and she paid him before stepping out of the vehicle.

She expected Wren to be sleeping because it was 9:00 AM and Wren loved to sleep and rest in her day off. She pulled out the spare key from her pocket and opened the door, letting herself enter. Like she expected, no sight or sound of Wren, the house was pretty quiet, only the sound of the clock on the wall made it harmonize with life.

She opened the door of her bedroom and her eyes caught Wren sleeping on her stomach with both hands under the pillow and she was wearing her black tank top. She smiled while making her way to the side of the bed and sat beside Wren, with her eyes fixed on her tranquil face, like a baby sleeping soundlessly, only the sound of her breathing was audible.

Madeline brushed away some hair from Wren's face to enable her to see her vivid face and then she ran her fingers over her cheek. Wren's eyelids started to flutter open as Madeline's hand went up stroking her hair mildly.

Wren opened her eyes slowly and closed them again then reopened them and a smile drew across her face when her sleepy eyes met Madeline's. She moved from her spot and rested her head on her lap and grabbed Madeline's hand.

"Good morning." She leaned down and pecked her head. "Did you sleep well?" asked Madeline caressing her hair.

Wren smiled and raised her head a little. "At first it was hard but I gave up to sleep after wrapping up some work. What brings you here?" She pulled away and stretched her limbs.

"Umm, Eva called me this morning and she wants to meet us both like in an hour or something. She said she had great news... so we need to go and see her."

"Noooo" Wren whined and buried her face in Madeline's bare shoulder as she laughed at her. "It's Saturday and I usually don't get enough sleep."

She caressed her hair. "Me too but we should see what's this all about"

"Nooooo, please. Postpone it."

"Babe, you know I can't." She kissed her head.

"But she is Eva and a Latina. She is going to be okay without us." She stated but Madeline couldn't contain her laugh at the same statement that she said before.

"Come on... it's gonna be easy and do it for me. I want my girlfriend with me today."

She gave up and sighed. "Fine but I'm gonna take a shower first."

"And I'll make you breakfast."

........................................

Wren and Madeline entered the café, hand in hand with smiles across their faces. As much as Wren wanted to spend her time with Madeline alone, she wanted to be with her and for her no matter what.

Eva and Paul waved at them from afar and they were grinning from ear to ear. They walked over to them and sat across from them with Wren snaking her arm around Madeline's shoulder.

"I'm so excited that both of you are here now!" said Eva clapping her hands.

"So, why are we exactly here... at this hour? It's too early, you know." said Wren and Madeline shook her head chuckling.