Chapter (48): Queen Of Spades

Around 11:30 PM, Wren was sleeping on the bed, eyes closed, holding Madeline in her arms after their passionate night. She felt Madeline's hand reach up to her necklace and play with it gently between her fingers and then reach down for her abdomen, giving it a share of caress.

"Go to sleep, Madeline." said Wren softly, smiling with her eyes closed.

"I don't want to." She sighed. "If I did, you'll be gone the next day and I'm not ready yet for that. I just wanna savor the moment."

Wren chuckled softly and placed her lips on her forehead. "I know what you mean. I don't wanna leave either." She opened her eyes and ran her hand up and down Madeline's arm. "But there's nothing I can do about it except I'll try to solve the issue real quick."

"I know." She pecked her lips and went back to her position. "Can I take you tomorrow to the airport at least?"

"Sure, okay. Now go back to sleep because you're giving me a ride tomorrow."

"No promises except that I'll try."

"Mm-hmm." She kissed the top of her head. "Do you want me to spoon you so that you can sleep?"

"No, I'm good."

"Alright."

Wren closed her eyes again and breathed steadily for two minutes with Madeline, then Madeline sighed heavily and turned her body around from Wren, smacking her lips, leading Wren to laugh softly at her.

"Yeah, maybe we should spoon."

Wren opened her eyes and turned on her side, wrapping her arms around Madeline from behind, raising her face a little so that she could press her lips on her cheek for a goodnight kiss.

"Better?"

Madeline sighed then smiled, closing her eyes when she felt sleepiness started overcoming her as she relaxed against Wren's warm body.

"Yeah."

"I love you." said Wren stroking her bare shoulder.

"I love you too."

........................................................

Madeline drove Wren to the airport and they were waiting for Georgina's arrival. The private jet was ready to take off once Georgina arrives, but Wren and Madeline weren't ready to leave each other.

A short while later, Georgina came dragging her luggage behind her as the dark shades were covering her eyes. She looked at them both as they were exchanging hugs one last time. She felt jealous and envious from the way Wren looked at Madeline, it was something that she never did to her when they were together. It was a devoted, loving look, like their eyes were speaking by the blinking and the deep gazes from their colorful orbs.

Once she saw Wren lock lips with Madeline with a wide smile across their faces, she turned around to the pilot as he helped her with the luggage.

"Call me when you get here, okay?" said Madeline softly.

"Of course." She kissed her forehead, cupping her cheeks. "Just be careful, alright?"

Madeline chuckled, pecking her lips. "Don't worry, I've got Eva, remember?"

Wren rolled her eyes. "Right. She is Eva..." She chuckled softly. "Come here." She gave her prolonged hug this time, stroking her hair. "I love you, I love you, I love you." she said repeatedly and as a result Madeline clutched her hands on the back of her shirt saying those words back.

Soon, they broke the contact, and Wren got in the jet, joining Georgina as their flight began to the city that never sleeps, New York.

....................................................