Chapter (33): The Invitation

Madeline walked to her office, smiling as her memories went back to the time when Wren proposed to her using coffee cream and spent with her three wonderful, amorous days filled with pleasure and blissfulness.

She sat at her desk, completely forgetting that Antony was sitting beside her as she was staring at her ring with a bright smile.

"Ahem!" He cleared his throat and she chuckled nervously.

"Sorry." She moved her chair closer to Antony who looked at her confused. She extended her hand and he raised an eyebrow at her before looking down at her hand, squinting his eyes and then they grew wide.

"Is that...?" She nodded with a grin. "Oh Mon Dieu!" He covered his mouth for a sec then threw his arms around her, squeezing her as she laughed at him. "That's great! No, that's awesome! That's stunning! ... that's amazing! That's marvelous! That's fantastic! That's... I ran out of words now." She laughed with him. "When and how?"

"Three days ago, she proposed to me... how: by this ring and coffee cream. I think she was thinking about proposing to me the whole time while I was thinking about bringing up the subject in the first place. Sneaky Clermont move."

"Told you not to worry about that. Now tell me more. I want details."

"Well, remember when she was on her business trip?" He nodded. "It turned out she wasn't on one and she was planning for the proposal." She smiled and he smiled squeezing her hand. "She made it simple with coffee like how we met... the first thing she asked me to do was coffee and the first thing she did in the proposal was asking me to marry her by coffee and then..." She looked at her ring. "Then she gave me her mother's ring which is so precious to her and her father. That's a huge sacrifice from her, Tony."

"She had a good reason to give it to you, gorgeous." He touched the tip of her nose then looked down at the ring. "It's beautiful though, looks exquisite on your hand... a great touch from Miss Clermont herself. Is that why you weren't here yesterday and the day before?"

"Yes, that's because right after the proposal, she took me on her yacht and we spent our time there as a private celebration then she brought our friends as a surprise which was to me since Eva and Paul came too." She chuckled. "I really had a great time!"

"Great time or a steamy time on the yacht?" He nudged her elbow, shooting her a wink and she laughed softly at him. She took off her ring showing him the inscription. "My Anchor, My Beauty Divine... hmm, that's poetic and thoughtful of her" He smiled returning back the ring. "Why Anchor and Beauty Divine?"

"She said the anchor because I'm her anchor in hard times, like her safe place and I have an anchor tattoo on the back of my shoulder... Beauty Divine," She smiled more. "is because she always compliments me and sweet talk me, but also when I worked for her... I created the name to the advertisers in the meeting to launch an Ad about a perfume."

"Oh yes, I remember that Ad. That was Monique's Vernon on the screen."

"Yeah."

"Well, congrats, gorgeous and I wish both of you all the happiness in the world. Am I invited to the wedding?" She laughed and nodded her head.

"Of course! You're one of my best friends."

They heard a knock on the door so they turned their heads to the door's direction, seeing a young man with a bouquet of flowers, Madeline's favorites.

"Excuse me... are you..." He looked at the card. "Are you Madeline Anderson?"

"She is." said Antony.

"This is for you."

He handed her the bouquet and she gladly took it from him. Antony looked at her as she was reading the card grinning from ear to ear and her eyes were sparkling from the joyfulness.