Chapter (32): Reunion On The Yacht

The following morning, Wren opened her eyes and her hands skimmed over the spot beside her, but it was empty. She blocked her eyes from the sunlight as she sat up straight on the carpet, looking around for Madeline, then she saw a figure in the room's balcony leaning against the railing.

She retrieved back her clothes from the floor and wore them then headed to Madeline who had her eyes fully on the early view.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Morning, handsome." She turned her head and pecked her lips.

"What are you doing out here all alone instead of staying on bed with me?"

"You mean the carpet?"

Wren rolled her eyes releasing a chuckle along with Madeline. "Well, yeah, the carpet, the bed whatever it is. Why did you leave me?"

"I just didn't want to wake you up. You looked so peaceful sleeping, like a baby. Also I wanted to look at the view from here it's really enchanting."

She turned her eyes back on the view, looking at the sea in the morning when the sun is warm and soft. Wren wrapped her arms around her from behind, resting her chin on her shoulder, sharing the moment with Madeline.

"Wanna have breakfast?" asked Wren.

Madeline looked over her shoulder with a smile then turned around completely resting her hands on her shoulders. "On one condition."

"Sure, anything you want."

"First we both take a shower then we have breakfast."

"Sounds good to me plu-" Madeline put her finger on Wren's lips, shutting her up.

"I haven't finished."

"Oookay."

"I'll be the one who makes breakfast not you or your staff."

"Oh no. You aren't."

"Wren, you've done enough for me already and I wanna do this for you as a small thank you that will never come as great as the things you've done for me." Wren smiled as she continued. "So, please let me at least do one small thing that could make you happy."

"Okay. And for the record you don't need to do anything to make me happy." She reached up for her cheek. "Because I'm happy at the fact that you're with me."

They gave each other a peck and then headed to take a shower and get ready for their day.

............................................

Wren came out of the shower, drying her hair with a towel while Madeline was preparing the breakfast. She took a seat on one of the chairs, put the towel aside as Madeline walked in with two plates of omelets, French toast, and two cups of hot coffee.

"Wow, you made all that while I was in the shower?"

"Yep, with the help of the staff because I didn't know where's what." She chuckled nervously.

"Thank you."

"Sure. Now eat and tell me what you think."

She smiled as she took a bite from the French toast, followed by the omelet. "Mmm." She sipped some of her coffee and turned to Madeline with a smile. "You would really make a great wife."

Madeline smiled shyly at her as she was eating her own food, savoring the flavor. Half an hour later, they washed the dishes and Wren's neck started hurting her as she kept rubbing it, hoping the pain will go away.

"You okay?" asked Madeline with a small frown.

"I guess so. My neck hurts a little." She rubbed it again. "Probably because we slept on the carpet. Do you have the same pain or it's just me?"