Chapter (3): Liar Liar Pants On Fire

They woke up early the next day and took a shower together, soon they got dressed and Madeline packed her bag with the help of Wren and they both got into the car and drove off to their homes.

Wren pulled over in front of Madeline's apartment then turned to her with a sad smile.

"So, I'm guessing this is our goodbye."

"No, it's not. We'll see each other more often and I'm sure of it."

"Yeah, well... we... we work in different places right now. Me in my company and you with Sarah and we are hiding our relationship from our friends. I just don't know when and where I'm gonna see you again."

Wren reached out for her hand and raised it to her lips, giving her knuckles soft kisses, making Madeline lips curl into a smile.

"We will, Wren. We always find each other."

Her hands went up to Wren's cheeks, caressing it as her face was leaning closer to her and taking her lips with hers, giving her a warm kiss then she broke it with her hand still holding her cheek.

"That was sweet." said Wren giving her a warm smile.

She smiled and gave her a chaste kiss. "I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Okay." She got out of the car and went to the main door of the building but Wren called out her name.

"I love you." said Wren and Madeline beamed at her.

"I love you too." She blew her a kiss goodbye before she disappeared behind the main door of the building.

........................................

Wren went home and changed her clothes and wore light blue dress shirt, khaki pants and her khaki blazer plus the brown shoes that matched her belt. She combed her hair into a side swept pixie and wore her expensive perfume then headed out for work.

She reached for the elevator door and hit the button, waiting for it to descend. Wren flipped open her phone and smiled when she saw a text message from Madeline giving her lots of kiss emoji.

"I'll be damned." she muttered under her breath, chuckling softly then entered the elevator, putting the phone back in her jacket pocket. Right before the door could get closed, it opened again revealing Emily on the other side.

"Hey, there you are." she said smiling as she entered.

"Yep, here I'm." She sighed internally.

Wren hit the fifth floor button and the door closed. While Wren was staring directly at the metallic door, Emily was glancing at her from the corner of her eye.

"You look nice." she said and Wren gave her a firm nod as a thank you. "Oh come on... don't act like a boss with me now."

"I'm not acting anything." she simply said with a shrug.

"You also look happy." said Emily squinting her eyes at her.

"Uh, yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She turned to her and elevator door made it's chiming sound and they both stepped out.

"Because two nights ago, you ran into Madeline, so... I was just wondering why you look so happy and not sad or depressed... or broken."

"I'm just happy with me living my life." She flashed her a warm smile.

Emily smiled back and decided to close the topic. "Good for you then."

"Work?" asked Wren cocking an eyebrow at Emily who chuckled nervously.