Chapter (27): Poisonous Beauty

Wren stirred in her sleep the next morning when she heard the sounds of birds chirping outside her house and the sunlight streamed in, highlighting Madeline next to her.

She rubbed her eyes and her body was feeling energized as if she never had a fever and she smiled when she saw Madeline turn her body to her with closed eyes. Wren leaned down and planted a kiss on Madeline's forehead a few times while stroking her brunette hair, making Madeline's lips curl into a smile as she opened her eyes slowly, taking in Wren's appearance.

"Hey, good morning." said Madeline smiling and nestling herself under the covers.

"Morning, doc."

"You seem okay today."

Madeline grabbed her face and noticed her body temperature went back to normal as she stroked her cheek.

"Yeah and I feel like going to work today." Wren got out of the bed and stretched her limbs then smiled at Madeline. "I'm gonna take a shower but before you go, I want you to pick my clothes for me."

Madeline chuckled and got out of the bed. She opened the closet and started rummaging through the clothes while Wren sat properly on the edge of the bed, keeping an eye on Madeline's hands as they were going back and forth between two suits.

"Wear this. It's your style and color."

.................................................

Wren hit the elevator button, waiting for it to descend as she was putting the phone back in her pocket. Her nose caught a scent that was sweet, making her turn her head to the source of the smell and saw Georgina walking to her with a smile.

"Hey. You're here." said Georgina as she stood next to Wren, waiting for the elevator as well.

Wren took a deep breath and pressed the button again. "I'm."

"You feeling ready for work? Ready for the photoshoot which I'm sure will take time today?"

Wren smiled. "I'm good, thanks. The question is, are you ready? You're the one who's gonna be in front of the cameras not me."

They stepped into the elevator and Georgina turned her body to Wren's as she smiled.

"I'm ready. You know me when I'm ready for something."

"... I sure do" She muttered under her breath, keeping her gaze with Georgina before looking away.

"Nice suit by the way. I didn't know you were into grey suits and, uh, the black dress shirt is your thing."

"Thanks. It was Madeline's choice."

"Huh, that explains it. She has a good taste... and not just in clothes." She met Wren's eyes piercing into them with a playful smile across her lips as Wren cleared her throat to break the contact.

"Hey, um, I just remembered something." They got out and Wren started to talk. "Did you send your CV to the twins? It's really important, Georgina."

She smiled at Wren and gave her a firm nod. "I did. The day you were really sick, one of them came over and asked about you. I told her everything and she requested my CV and I gave it to her."

"Good. Glad you handled things perfectly here."

Emily dropped a few pencils on the floor on purpose when she noticed that her boss and her enemy are having a conversation by the elevator. She stood up, walked around the desk and grabbed the pencils and that's when she caught Wren's eyes.

"Morning, Em."

"Good Morning."

Wren looked back at Georgina. "Back to work."