Chapter (60) Intoxicated

Elise was at the bar with Monique and was busy drying the glasses with her co-workers. Monique was sitting at the bar stool, looking down at her margarita and playing with a strand of her hair. Putting the rag down, Elise turned her eyes on her girlfriend and frowned slightly.

"What's wrong, mi amor?"

She sighed and met Elise's green eyes. "I'm worried about Wren. Both actually. Also I'm mad at Wren for what she did but..." She sighed heavily this time and covered her face. "Damn, that bitch!" she said angrily.

"Relax, love. I'm worried about them both too. What Wren did was completely stupid and wrong. It will be hard for Madeline to open up with her about this topic now. Give them both time."

"How do you know that? Wren tried to talk with her but she refused."

"Of course she would. She was mad at that time and most probably still is."

Elise walked around the bar stool and took a seat next to Monique giving her a hug then kissed her temple.

"How're you so calm about this?" asked Monique with sadness and tiredness in her tone.

Elise flashed her a small smile and shrugged. "Faith. I have faith. I'm telling you, these two will somehow talk it out but to be honest we don't know what to expect and when. Let's just hope for the best for them, okay?" Monique nodded and smiled softly.

................................................

At night, the sky was dark, not a star was showing. A gloomy night it was for them all. Elise was at the bar serving her customers their drinks, sharing smiles with them. She spotted Wren walking inside with tired eyes. Some girls were staring at her but she ignored them as she made her way over to the bar stool.

Elise looked her up and down as Wren took her seat silently and her hair was all messed up.

"Hey." said Elise pouring a drink to a customer.

Wren didn't answer back, she just waved with her hand and took a deep breath. "Just get me a heavy drink, Elise."

"I think that's bad idea, Wren."

"I don't care." she said sourly then sighed.

"Wren."

"If you won't get me the drink, I'll just find another bar!"

Elise sighed at Wren's attitude. As much as she loved Wren and wanted her to stop drinking, she couldn't refuse her request. She would rather have Wren drink under her watch than to be at an another bar full of strangers.

"Fine. Just one glass and that's it."

She turned around and started preparing the drink for her. Elise got the drink for Wren who took gladly and started drinking it, letting it do its magical work. She found comfort in her alcohol that she missed for a long time. She let it burn her throat and leave her demanding more and more.

"Wanna talk about anything?" asked Elise.

"Just fill my glass."

Elise knew there was no way Wren would want to open up about what happened, so she let her have it her own way but with limits. She grabbed her phone and decided to dial Monique to take Wren home. Monique said that she was busy at the moment at the office but she will come later.

A few hours later, Elise got busy with her customers as the place started filling with people everywhere. It got crowded like any other night. She looked back at Wren to check up on her but her eyes went wide when she couldn't find her. Her eyes quickly scanned the crowds, hoping she'll spot the familiar face but she failed.