Chapter (21): A Party & A Drink

Wren changed into her other shirt, took the previous stained one, folded it and put it in the drawer. She rolled up her sleeves and was about to sit but the door opened and Madeline poked her head, giving Wren a wide smile.

"Can I come in?" she asked playfully and Wren laughed softly with a nod. "Hey, babe."

She walked over to her and got wrapped in her arms tightly then she pulled away a little to give her a kiss on the cheek.

"This is a nice surprise." said Wren pulling back to look at her glittering eyes. "Don't tell me you finished work already?"

"... Yes?"

"Oh man I wish if I could do the same and finish early, just to be with you." She held both her hands. "Did you come alone or is Eva outside?"

She chuckled. "No, no Eva. But..."

"But...?" She tilted her head to the side waiting for what's coming next and she was hoping it's not Eva this time.

"Monique's with me."

Wren released a sigh of relief, looking up. "Thank god. I thought you were gonna say Eva was with you to buy me the suit."

"No, just Monique and we're going out tonight. The four of us, me, Monique, Emily and Eva."

"Does that has something to do with Eva's wedding? Like a bachelorette party for her, with drinks and hook ups and male strippers that may take you away from me?"

She laughed at her softly. "No one is taking me away from you."

Madeline grabbed the back of her head, tilting her head to the side, welcoming Wren's lips in a moist kiss then pulled away when she sensed something.

"What? Why did you stop?" Wren mumbled against your lips.

"That's not the same shirt you were wearing this morning, is it?"

"Oh, yeah. It's not. I, uh, spilled coffee on the other one and for my luck I had a spare shirt in my drawer in case of emergencies like this one."

"That's why you smell like coffee."

"Does that bother you?" She wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled her closer so that she could sense her breath.

"Coffee? Never." She leaned in for another prolonged kiss.

.................................................

Meanwhile outside the office, Georgina was looking at Monique and Emily as they were having their own talk and she glanced at Wren's office wondering what she and Madeline were doing.

"So, it's a bachelorette party for Eva?" asked Emily.

"Mm-hmm."

"With stripers?"

"Uh, no. No strippers."

"Crap! I wanted them so bad." They both chuckled till Emily locked eyes with Georgina and then her laugh faded and Monique knew why.

Monique turned around, gave Georgina a quick look then turned to Emily.

"Is she behaving?"

"Till now. God knows what she might do in the future to make Wren happy."

"What do you mean by that?"

Emily sighed and wrote down something on the paper then spoke. "This morning, Wren and Georgina were smiling. At each other. I think Georgina is up to something."

"Hmph." Monique scoffed, looking at Georgina with disgust. "She won't as long as Madeline is around Wren. Wren won't even blink an eye at her."

Georgina organized some papers and stood up, and walked up to Wren's office before catching a quick glimpse of Emily and Monique.