Chapter (35): Soured Divulgence

Madeline woke up in the morning and found Wren sleeping beside her with her hair covering her eyes and breathing steadily. She sat up straight on the bed, leaned her back against the headboard and rubbed her eyes from sleepiness. She grabbed her phone from the nightstand checking the messages and found one from Eva saying that she will swing by her office today for a visit.

She replied with an 'ok' and placed the phone back on the nightstand as Wren stirred in her sleep beside her and laid her head on Madeline's lap. Madeline smiled down at her and started caressing her hair lightly, leading Wren's lips to curl into a smile while she was asleep.

"I knew you were awake." said Madeline.

"Mm-hmm. I have to wake up earlier than before so that I stop you before leaving me."

"I'm not going anywhere."

Wren opened one eye and looked up at her. "Liar."

She chuckled. "No I'm not, Clermont. In fact, I'm having a breakfast with you today."

Wren raised her head from her lap and shifted in bed, sitting beside her and grabbed her hands, interlacing their fingers together.

"Alright then... what're we having my beautiful bride to be?"

"Oh, wait, you thought I'm the one who is gonna make you breakfast?" She joked.

Wren smiled and kissed her cheek. "Alright, alright, I'll make the breakfast and you just sit and stay beautiful." She pecked her cheek. "Even though what you're doing to me is extortion but how can I say no to you?" She got up from the bed and wore a tank top and sweatpants then walked to Madeline's side. "So, what are we having?"

"Pancakes. I'm craving for some." She replied with a huge smile.

"Okay, you got it." She kissed her one more time before leaving the room.

..................................................

Wren was getting out of her car, grinning like a goof from ear to ear after having her fun breakfast with Madeline. During the breakfast preparation, Madeline came along and helped Wren. At first, Wren objected because she wanted to serve Madeline, but Madeline insisted on helping her and eventually they went with Madeline's plan.

She walked inside the building saying her good mornings to the employees she walked past. She entered the elevator and pressed the fifth floor button and right before it close, someone from the outside hit the button to re-open and it was Emily. Wren locked eyes with her for a brief second then looked anywhere but her eyes. She was still mad at her childish act that almost cost her a great deal for the company, and her words about Dave and Georgina were still eating her up inside since the night before.

Emily walked inside and stood next to Wren, staring down at the floor as the elevator's door closed. She turned her head to Wren who was looking straight at the door with her chin up then she decided to break the ice between them.

"Are you still mad at me?" she asked softly and Wren didn't answer. "Wren?" No answer. "You have every right to be mad at me. I don't blame you." She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry."

They arrived at the fifth floor and once the elevator door opened, Emily stepped out first, knowing that Wren didn't want to look in her face right now. Wren looked at Emily as she walked to her desk and sat silently, getting ready for her day.

She sighed and walked outside the elevator, said good morning to Georgina as she made her way to the office then closed the door behind her. Emily raised her eyes from her desk and looked at Wren's closed door, thinking of a way to apologize properly. She knew she crossed her line by the way she acted last night towards her nemesis. It was unnecessary.