Chapter (12): Suit & Tie

Madeline was at her desk with Sarah, preparing for their show that will be scheduled for tomorrow.

"I think we are done here and let's hope for tomorrow." said Sarah. "I'm gonna go check on the models and why don't you go check on the dresses?"

"Sure."

She left her desk and went to the company's wardrobe accompanying her, Antony, a Filipino gay man with spiked hair who happens to be her assistant. More like her friend now since they work and hang out together very often.

"Let me guess... she told you to check on the dresses before the show, right?"

"That's right." she said as they were walking together. "She just wants to make sure that everything is perfect and not a piece of fabric missing and her models are perfectly healthy and... you know how that works."

"I worked with her for five years and I got used to the same routine before every single show." He chuckled and stood in front of the door. "Mademoiselle, let me open the door for you."

She gave him a smile as he opened the door for her and they both entered, walking directly to the walk in closet.

"How is your girlfriend?" he asked and she chuckled.

"Uh, she's fine. Why do you ask?"

"Just checking. You know, not every woman is lucky as you are, Madeline. You are Wren's Clermont girlfriend. Freaking Wren Clermont! She has a good taste in suits and fashion... and women! I saw her only three times in my life and I want to see her again. I mean I tried to look for some photos of her online but there is nothing, dear. Nada!" He snapped his fingers.

"Antony!"

"Yes?"

She chuckled "Breathe and just cut to the chase."

"I want to see her... since she is your girlfriend. Maybe I could work for her."

"You already have a job." She turned her eyes from the dresses and looked at him with a frown.

"I know and I love it but if I could help Wren with something, that would be great."

"Help her in what?"

"I don't know... anything." He shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

She heard her phone ring in her pocket so she pulled it out, seeing it was Eva. She excused herself from Antony and answered.

"Yep?"

"Hey, amiga. I was thinking about going to Wren's office today and pick her up then go to the men's store or wherever she wants."

"Eva it's still 2 o'clock and Wren will probably be busy."

"She is always busy. Look, I'm already on my way to her. Meet us there." She hung up.

"Eva... Eva!"

She huffed and turned around to Antony who finished checking on the dresses.

"Antony this is your lucky day and it happens that Wren needs your fashion help."

"Oh Mon Dieu!" He squealed excitedly.

"You're coming with me now."

"Where are we going?"

"Probably men's store."

"This day gets better."

She chuckled and took his arm and they both went outside to her car.

Wren was leaning against the wide window, looking down at the street as she was sipping her coffee and she heard a loud noise outside the office. Turning her head towards the source of the sound, Eva entered the office with a wide grin across her face.