Chapter (23): Sapphire Under the Moonlight

After Wren's and Georgina's last encounter at the store, Georgina focused more on her job than focusing on having Wren for her own. She knew that when Wren loves someone very deeply she holds them to her heart and that someone was Madeline, a woman that she can't compete with to win Wren's love.

Emily during those past days noticed Georgina's silence and that gave her a peace of mind for a while, hoping that Georgina was behaving and becoming someone better, but she had her own skepticism that something happened between her and Wren that made her all dead from the inside.

It was Eva and Paul's wedding. The wedding planner ordered, demanded, helped to make the wedding represent the true words of a fairytale.

Madeline, Emily and Monique wore their bridesmaids' dresses. Marron illusion neckline gown with ankle strap heels. They were with Eva helping her with her mermaid dress. Smiles were seen across their faces and especially Eva who almost cried from the happiness while Madeline was adjusting her dress. Emily and Monique excused themselves to give them a moment alone.

"This is it." said Madeline, looking up at Eva. "Having second thoughts about getting married?" She joked and Eva chuckled.

"No, I'm ready."

Eva blinked back her tears and sniffed. "Aw, come here." Madeline wrapped her arms around Eva, rubbing her back gently. "Don't cry or you'll ruin your make-up and you'll look horrible."

Eva pulled back laughing and gave her best friend a wide appreciative smile.

"I love you, Maddie"

"I love you too, Eva Emiliano Castillo. You're getting married not gonna die."

"I know." She sighed and smiled. "I'm ready."

"Prefect my amiga. Everyone's waiting for you outside. You still have 7 minutes to get a hold of yourself."

She nodded then frowned slightly. "Has your family arrived?"

"Not yet, but Rose called and they're on their way."

"And Wren?"

"On her way as well."

"It'll go well, Madeline. Unwind and relax. I'm the panicked bride here." She fanned herself with a chuckle and Madeline laughed at her friend.

"I will." She looked at the table and grabbed Eva's cascade bouquet, handing it to her. "Now the look is completed. We're waiting for you."

.............................................

Wren arrived in her jaguar, got out of her vehicle, handed the valet her car keys as she stepped out and buttoned her dark dress jacket then made her way to the entrance.

At the same time Madeline's family members arrived. Rose and her husband and their daughter Vanessa. The parents and Dan. Joseph gave his arm to his wife to link her with his as they walked inside followed by their children. Rose's eyes scanned the crowd for her sister and for Wren but the place was packed with so many people that she hardly saw anyone she knew except for Paul. She and her family went over to Paul and his sister, Joanne congratulating them.

"Pauli, congrats!" she said giving him a warm hug. "I can't believe you're getting married!" She chuckled happily pulling away.

"Yeah, me neither. Who would've thought, huh?" He smiled widely and Rose smiled back at him. "Me and the stubborn Eva."

"Well, aren't you lucky?"

"I'm." he said happily.

"Hey, have you seen Madeline?"