Chapter (11): Crucial Decision

Emily crossed her arms and shook her head at Wren who was looking down and her hands were playing with the pen on the desk.

"Wren... do you know what you are doing? Or what you are gonna do? This is Georgina, okay? Do you want me to remind you what she had done to you?"

"No, Em. I know what she did to me. I still remember it and taste it every day so thanks for the reminder."

Wren sighed and leaned her head on the desk for a moment and Emily sat across from her, thinking of a way to convince her not to hire the one person who messed with her feelings in the past.

"Wren... I'm concerned. I'm concerned because I don't want to see you get hurt again by that bitch... she ruined your life in the past and I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow did it again to you. I get that you need a new assistant and... you're right she is perfect for the job but you need to think this through, okay? Think about it... think about the consequences of getting her back in your life and seeing her every day in the office and not just that but she will also be closer to you than ever because she will be your assistant."

Wren raised her head from the desk and looked at Emily, considering her words. Emily was right, she doesn't want to get hurt by seeing Georgina again in her life but at the same time she is the perfect one for the job and there was no time to waste. Wren blinked once and exhaled slowly, looking at Emily.

"I'll think about it."

"Thank god."

"But still she is the perfect one for the job till now and I'll go over the CVs again."

"Just think about it, okay? If you really want me to be your personal assistant, then I'll tell Eleanor and I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"That won't be necessary. Eleanor prefers to work with you and it would be hard for her to guide and manage a new one." She stood up, wearing her grey jacket. "Just do me one thing..." She moved around from her desk and walked to Emily, leaving a distance between them. "Don't tell Madeline or anyone about Georgina, okay? I still haven't decided if she will work here or not, so no need to concern Madeline or Monique or anyone for that matter."

Emily gave her a firm nod with a small smile. "Do you need a ride home?" asked Wren and Emily shook her head.

"No, Dave is waiting for me downstairs. Thanks."

"Okay then. Goodnight."

They went to the elevator together and descended to the parking lot. They gave each other a quick hug before each one took off and Wren gave Dave a wave as he was waiting for Emily.

...............................................

Madeline was waiting for Wren in her home, she was watching TV to kill the time. She has been spending some time at Wren's house and vice versa and they didn't mind as long as they're together and that's what mattered in the whole process. She heard the sound of the keys jangling behind the door and then footsteps entered the house.

Wren walked to the living room, hearing the TV on and smiled when she saw Madeline, grinning at her from behind the couch.

"Hey, you." said Wren taking off her jacket and walking towards the couch, taking a seat beside her with a heavy sigh.

"Long day?"

"Very."

She closed her eyes and leaned her head back on the couch and felt Madeline's lips, linger on her cheek, making her smile in appreciation of the sweet little affection she gets for free.

"How was your meeting?" asked Madeline, running her hand over Wren's till they interlaced their fingers.

"Boundless, infinite, endless... to sum it up for you, boring and drained. Too bad you aren't with me, you would have made me feel better there. Enough about me and tell me how was your day with Eva?"