Chapter (24): Failed Temptation

On Monday, Wren and Madeline went to their work as usual and Madeline already was missing her best friend. Right after the wedding, Eva and Paul headed to spend their honeymoon in Cape town, South Africa and Madeline was joyful for both of them.

Wren was in her office with Eleanor discussing some plans for the next fashion show presented by Mrs. Caulfield and there were a few issues with her but Wren was resilient and self-assured that she can fix the problem in no time and Eleanor never doubted her confidence.

"Okay..." Eleanor stood up, taking a few papers from Wren. "I guess that means we'll have to call her and set a date for another meeting then."

"Mm-hmm. I know you don't like her, but she's talented in her designs and she has her own beauty products besides the new shampoo she's working on."

"You're right. Do you wanna call her or it's just gonna be me?"

"I love you but I think this time you should call her. She's still holding a grudge against me since... uh, her engagement party." Wren gave Eleanor a cringed look and Eleanor chuckled.

"Your taste sucks in women except for Madeline." She joked making Wren laugh.

"I know. The woman was obsessed with me back then. I'm really glad and relieved that it's over."

Eleanor sighed then smiled at Wren. "I'll give her a call then get back to you once I have something."

Eleanor turned on her heel and left the office while Wren's phone desk rang.

"Hello?... Uh-huh... As far as I know she's okay with it... alright... in three days, the same studio at 3O'clock noon... I'll check my schedule and will get back with you... thanks, Sophia."

She hung up on her and called from the phone Georgina. Georgina knocked on the door and entered, walked to her desk with her notebook.

"Umm, check if I have any meetings this Thursday."

She flipped through her notebook till she reached the date then looked at Wren.

"No meetings. Your schedule is free on Thursday."

"Okay, good. Your photoshoot's date has been set and it will be this Thursday. Do you have second thoughts on doing this?"

"No, I'm good. Unless if you don't want me to do it and I completely understand."

"I'm fine with it as long as you're comfortable in front of cameras and representing the product half naked... I guess."

Georgina chuckled a bit and smiled shyly at Wren. "I'm okay with it."

"Alright."

"Anything else? Coffee maybe?"

"No thanks I'm good."

Georgina headed outside the office and went back to her desk and Emily was giving her a curious look, not feeling comfortable around her and her silence made her fear something unknown.

"Are you okay Georgina? Are you feverish or something?"

"Uh, no why?"

Emily raised her eyebrows. "Nothing just wondering why you aren't being bitchy anymore like you used to be since you jumped back into our lives."

"Emily, I'm busy. If you have something important other than analyzing me then say it, otherwise leave me alone and let me work in peace."

"Oookay." Emily stood up with a confused frown and headed to Wren's office, giving it a light knock before entering.

"What now?" asked Wren with her eyes fixed on the laptop.

"Hey, is Georgina okay? She's acting... nice? Or... normal maybe? And by normal I mean acting like a human being, and by human being I mean acting nice without being bitchy, and by without being bitchy I mean not getting on someone's nerve."