Chapter (31): Yesterday, Today and Forever

Emily, Monique, Elise, Wren and Madeline were still at the café hanging out together with huge smile across their faces especially the two love birds. Madeline was sitting close to Wren, holding her hand while Wren's other hand was around her shoulder, keeping her close as Madeline was leaning in her embrace.

"So, all this time... you were preparing to surprise me with the proposal?" asked Madeline looking deeply into her eyes.

"Yeah... I had to come up with something that wasn't too cheesy and that you'll like, that's what stopped us. It took me time to request my own ring so that we could match."

She smiled, pecking her lips before turning to the group. "So, all of you knew about it too?"

"Yep," said Emily, raising her coffee mug. "It's Wren and nothing ever pleases her. She's so stubborn especially when we broke the news to her about getting her a new haircut."

Wren arched an eyebrow at her and Madeline checked Wren's hair out, giving the back of her hair a light stroke. "Yeah, you're right. I like it shorter"

"What?" said Wren with her jaw dropped. "But you- you... I thought you liked it a little bit longer."

"I do." She pecked her lips again. "But when it's short, like really short, it makes you look more handsome and it shows your brown eyes and your features." She smiled stroking her cheek, earning a warm smile from Wren.

"Told you." said Monique, taking a sip. "You looked like the shaggy dog... so was Elise."

"HEY!" They objected at the same time and the others laughed.

Wren turned to Madeline and spoke softly. "Do you have to go to work?"

"Uhh, no why?"

"I wanna spend some time with you. I mean it's been a week since the last time we saw each other."

She smiled. "Let me just call Sarah and I'll be all yours."

Wren nodded and pecked Madeline's lips before she got up from her seat and went to call Sarah.

Wren turned to the group who were looking at her with a goofy grin.

"What?"

"You're so whipped." said Elise.

"Shut up." She chuckled, turning her eyes to Emily. "Is everything ready?"

"Yes. Your jet is waiting for you."

She looked over her shoulder, glancing back at Madeline then turned back to them. "Thank you so much, guys. I really appreciate what you've done for me and Madeline." They nodded with a smile mouthing 'you're welcome' then Madeline came back. "So......?"

"I'm not working. We could go home."

"We aren't going to that, but we're going to other place. I still didn't finish my proposal to you." Madeline frowned and got confused. "You thought I would just propose to you with a coffee cream and not have other tricks up my sleeves?" She smirked and Madeline cheeks flushed. "There's more and you're coming with me." Madeline nodded and Wren took her hand, said her goodbyes to the others before leaving the café.

......................................................

From the jet to the hotel to have dinner together and from the hotel to the yacht. Till now Madeline had no idea where Wren was taking her, and Wren kept teasing her all the way till they reached the hotel and told her to wear the blindfold.

Wren grabbed Madeline's hand carefully as she walked her to the Alexandrite yacht. Wren realized that she never took Madeline on her yacht, so she decided to surprise her by staying on board for a few days celebrating their engagement.