Chapter (18): The Floral Anchor & The Phoenix

It was Saturday and Wren woke up early as usual and decided to go for a jog to clear her mind and be physically healthy. She wore her blue sports tank top and white shorts, white sneakers and headed out with her bottle of water and digital watch on her wrist.

She reached the park and started jogging her way among the other athletics and ran past them. The weather was fine and clear, it had a glimpse of fresh air that entered her nostrils, making her feel more energized as she breathed it in and out freely. Wren stopped to have rest and sat on the bench, took a long sip from her bottle then wiped her mouth and looked at the view for a moment, taking in the surrounding and the beauty of nature.

Her mind drifted back to her moment with Georgina the night before. The way Georgina looked at her was the same way she looked at her before, but it's not the same way Madeline looks at her. Georgina had a look of lust and a passionate, pleasured nighttime only. Her beauty was gothic and demonic in an enticing way. That's what Wren always thought.

Madeline had a look of pure love, tenderness, warm hearted eyes and soul and devotion. Her beauty was angelic and full of light, she was like a goddess to her, her beauty divine, her anchor in tough and hard times.

Wren took a deep breath then stood up to stretch, and closed her eyes. She turned around to run, but she accidently bumped into someone and held them in her grasp before they could fall on the ground.

"Sorry, you okay?" asked Wren concerned and couldn't see the person's face because of the cap.

"Yeah. You got me in the last minute."

The person chuckled lightly and raised the cap upwards revealing the eyes. Wren blinked twice, taking a step back when she saw it was Georgina. Georgina was smiling at her and her eyes were soft blue, tempting Wren to stare at them in the daylight. Wren noticed that she was still holding Georgina close to her so, she pulled away and cleared her throat nervously.

"Sorry." Wren apologized.

"It's okay. No harm done."

Wren gave her a nod and rested her hands on her waist, still looking at Georgina. "Nice cap."

"Thanks."

The atmosphere was awkward for the both of them and Georgina decided to take a step forward in the conversation.

"You were jogging?" Georgina asked with a wide smile.

"Mm-hmm."

"For how long?"

"Probably 15 minutes. I took this way and I was supposed to go the opposite way then I bumped into you." They both chuckled lightly. "What about you?"

"Same and ended up bumping into you because of my cap."

She took it off and Wren took a look at her high ponytail that was hidden under the cap.

"Hey, um... wanna take back the way jogging with me?" said Georgina with a glint in her eyes.

"Uh, okay, sure."

"Alright let me just get hydrated." said Georgina taking a seat on the bench and opened her bottle sipping her water.

A few water drops slid down from her mouth to her neck, joining the drops of sweats that were formed there and Wren was staring at her for a moment then averted her eyes when she felt Georgina was turning her eyes on her.

"I'm ready. Which way you said?"

"That way."

"Okay then what are we waiting for?" said Georgina with a playful tone, making Wren smile.