Chapter (30): Three Stones, Three Words

It's been a week since their last talk and goodbye. To Madeline, Wren disappeared and she only hears her voice on the phone every time before they go to sleep because both of them were busy and Madeline was missing Wren a lot that she tosses and turns a lot in her sleep.

Madeline walked to her office, feeling exhausted and not energized from the lack of sleep, she got used to sleep in Wren's embrace like she was her comfy pillow at night. She used to keep her warm since it was almost winter. Antony looked at Madeline in confusion when she put her bag on the desk with a heavy sigh before she sat down at her desk.

"Good morning to you too." he said sarcastically and she looked at him smiling apologetically.

"Sorry, Tony. I just didn't get enough sleep in the last couple of days. I'm a bit cranky."

"It's okay. I understand." He wheeled his chair closer to her as she started looking through some papers on her desk, organizing them. "So, any news about Wren? You told me she was coming tomorrow."

"Well, that changed because she will spend another week there. She has got problems in her work. I offered to help since I worked with her before but she refused." She groaned. "I miss her so damn much. I feel like I'm empty every time I go home and she isn't there with me. I can't sleep without her. She is like my lovely sleeping pill."

"Awwww," he said pinching her cheek. "That's normal, gorgeous. I miss her too." She chuckled. "Don't worry about anything. The week will pass quickly and you'll get to hug her, cuddle with her, kiss her and do things that I'd rather not imagine." She giggled at him and threw her arms around him, giving him a hug.

"Thanks, Tony. You're always there for me when I need you"

"Anytime, cutie pie. Did you talk to her about the whole marriage thing?"

She shook her head at him. "No. I was going to, but then her business trip popped out of nowhere. I don't think I want to talk about it actually. She hinted that she isn't the marriage type of a girl."

"How do you know that if you didn't even talk about it with her? You're just making assumptions on your own."

"No, Antony. She implied it without noticing so I zipped my mouth and didn't say anything. Also it was a bad timing anyway."

He sighed at her. "Whatever. Suit yourself. But I still think you should talk to her because it's eating you up inside."

"Maybe when she gets back."

.................................................

"Wren... wake up... come on... wakeupwakeupwakeupwakeupwakeup!"

"Ugh! What?"

"WAKE UP!" said Emily in her ear. "Come on it's time to go."

"I'm sleeping. I didn't get enough sleep, so leave me alone. Go away four eyed-girl."

"Ugh, don't call me that! MONIQUE!" She called her name loud enough for Wren to grab the pillow and cover her ears. Monique walked in the room, followed by Elise who was laughing at the situation and Wren's annoyed face in the morning. Emily pointed at Wren. "She doesn't want to wake up."

Monique sighed and walked to the bed, taking the pillow from under Wren's head making her groan when the back of her head hit the mattress hard.

"Jesus, Monique. Be a gentle woman."

"I'm gentle, you're the one who doesn't want to wake up the easy way."

Wren huffed and sat on the bed properly rubbing her sleepy eyes. Wren heard a laugh coming from the door and when she opened her eyes, she saw Elise leaning against the doorframe laughing at her. Wren grabbed the pillow beside her and threw it at her, but she caught it easily.