Chapter (22): Dressed in Violet

Madeline was getting dressed for her work and she was glad that she didn't drink too much last night unlike Eva and Monique. She and Emily were the only ones sober enough to drive them home. Her phone vibrated on the table and she went to get it.

"Morning, sunshine. How was your night without me?"

She smiled. "Good. Are you calling me to check if I behaved last night?"

Wren chuckled on the phone. "Maybe. I mean you're breathtaking and anyone would try and flirt with you."

"Well, for your information... I was a innocent last night. Myself and Emily... unlike Eva and Monique who got a little tipsy."

"That's my girl. So, listen I'm gonna go to the store today after I finish my meetings to buy the suit. Would you like to come and meet me there? Or I could stop by and take you. I'm just gonna need your opinion."

Madeline sighed on the phone, thinking if she was free today or not. "Let me check my schedule today because right now I can't give you a straight answer."

"Alright. I'll be waiting for your call. Love you."

"Love you."

She hung up on her and went to finish getting dressed. 45 Minutes later she arrived outside the building and walked to the elevator and Heidi was standing beside her, looking at Madeline.

"Hi, Madeline."

"Hello, Heidi. How're you?"

"Very good. You?"

"Excellent." She smiled brightly and adjusted the strap of her handbag on her shoulder, eyes fixed on the elevator door.

Heidi chuckled a little, grabbing Madeline's attention. "I wonder why. Must be your elegant girlfriend is the reason behind all the smiles."

Madeline smiled a bit. "Yeah, you could say so."

They stepped into the elevator and hit the button three. "You're lucky Madeline... to have such handsome girlfriend that every girl chases."

Madeline chuckled softly. "Not all of them. Some of them are straight."

"Hmm, I don't think they will be anymore if they just caught a glimpse of her. I mean I have a boyfriend but seeing your girl made me... want to have a sample of..." She sighed before continuing and Madeline knitted her eyebrow slightly at Heidi's words. "Well, people like her. I'm talking about those who are available because you already have her. Obviously."

They reached for the third floor and both got out in separate ways, but Madeline's mind was following Heidi's words. She sensed Heidi trying to grab her attention in something, something more like a threat. She walked to her office with a confused frown on her face and Antony raised an eyebrow on seeing her lost.

"Hello, Maddie and what's up with your face? Show me your gorgeous smile."

"Yeah, sorry." She smiled a little. "I was just thinking about something Heidi said on our way up."

Antony sighed and ran a hand across his face. "What did she say?"

"I think... and it's just a thought, umm, she was kind of talking about Wren and that everywoman would want to be in my place and have Wren for herself. I already know that. Wren is one of a kind but Heidi's just... weird, I guess."

"Look, darling. I'm gonna be honest with you... Heidi has her eyes on Wren. She told me that herself, so you better watch it because she's up to something and I can feel it."

"I'm not surprised that women are chasing Wren but what's really surprising me is that she had the guts to tell it to my face... with no shame at all that, plus knowing that I'm Wren's girlfriend." She shook her head in disbelief.