Chapter (15): A Brunette VS A Noirette

Wren pulled over in front of Madeline's work place and got out of the car, heading to the building. Once she reached the third floor, Sarah saw her and stopped her in her tracks by giving her a hug.

"How've you been?" asked Sarah pulling away.

"I'm good. How're you and how was your show? Sorry I couldn't make it."

"It's fine. The show was great." She grinned at her.

"As always with no doubt." She looked past her and Sarah knew who she was looking for.

She chuckled at her and pointed at where Madeline was. "She's in the last office on your left."

"Ha, thanks." She smiled at her. "I thought I would get lost here or something. I've never been on this floor before."

Sarah chuckled at her and patted Wren's shoulder. "Now you know where your girl is. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta run and meet up with a client."

Wren nodded with a smile and Sarah took her leave. She walked over to her office and was about to knock on the opened door, to get her attention but stopped to look at Madeline while she was working with Antony beside her. She missed seeing Madeline so engrossed in her work and missed seeing the habit of her flipping her hair to the other side to concentrate on whatever she was doing.

Wren leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed and stared at Madeline with lopsided smile because she still didn't notice her appearance and she was so beautiful while working. Antony nodded to Madeline at something she said to him, then he caught Wren's eye's raking over Madeline, so he smiled and nudged Madeline's elbow and she looked at him confused then followed his eyes.

She grinned at her, putting the pen down, standing up and walking to Wren who opened her arms for her and held her tightly and pulled away to kiss her temple.

"Hey, beautiful." said Wren.

"Hey, handsome." She pulled away and cupped her face between her palms. "You're early."

"Yeah, I know. I wanted to spend some more time with you, so I came early than I intended. Was that a nice surprise?" she asked softly, moving her eyes to her lips.

"The nicest."

She smiled, capturing Wren's lips, wrapping one arm around her neck while the other held her cheek, stroking it as their heads tilted to the side to deepen the kiss and Wren's hand went to the small of her back, pulling her closer gently.

Antony felt like a third wheel and as much as he loved seeing them being all lovey, he had to cut them off. He cleared his throat but they both didn't hear him. He cleared it again but still no answer and that led him to sigh and cover his face for a sec then he pushed an empty folder on the floor, finally grabbing their attention and they broke the kiss with their heads turning to him but their bodies were still touching.

"Sorry. My bad." he said innocently. "You just took too long and I was getting bored being alone. Hi, Wren." he said waving at her and she gave him a nod with a smile.

"Hey, Antony. Sorry I didn't see you there when I came in."

He rolled his eyes at her and muttered under his breath "Of course you didn't." He stood up and walked over to them. "Just because I don't want to feel like a third wheel, I'm leaving, and Wren?"

"Yes?"

"Treat her like a princess."

Madeline chuckled and gave Wren a kiss on the cheek as she was smiling at Antony. "Oh, come on, Antony. She always treats me like a princess, don't you, babe?" She looked at her and Wren faced her with a grin across her face and a gleam in her eyes.