Chapter (10): The Return of G.M

Wren took a shower and dressed up in her light pink shirt and grey pants and put on her cologne, combed her hair as usual and messed it up a little with her palm then turned around, taking the jacket in her hand as she headed out of the bedroom and went to see Madeline in the kitchen.

Madeline was sitting on the dining table, having her breakfast and warm coffee and she felt familiar lips touch the top of her head and smelled the sweet aroma surrounding Wren.

"You smell nice." she said smiling as Wren took a seat beside her with the cup of coffee in her hand.

"Thank you." She winked, sipping her coffee. "I always smell nice."

"Oooh." She laughed. "Don't get cocky with me in the morning"

"Who said I was getting cocky?" She reached out for a bacon from her plate but Madeline slapped her hand playfully and the bacon fell back on the plate.

"Get your own." She smirked.

"Ugh, I don't have time to eat right now. I have a meeting in like two hours." She glanced at her watch. "Crap! I gotta run." She stood up, taking her jacket with her and gave Madeline a peck before heading for the door.

"Wren, wait!"

She turned around and saw Madeline walking to her with the bacon in her hand. Wren couldn't hide her smile and opened her mouth, letting Madeline feed her.

"What happened to 'get your own'?"

"Changed my mind." She chuckled and gave Wren a sweet goodbye kiss.

She got in her car and put the jacket beside her, turned on the engine, wearing her dark shades on and her eyes caught Madeline, blowing her a kiss before she took off to her work.

...............................................

Madeline and Eva went to the bridal boutique and Eva was trying many dresses with the help of Madeline. Eva was looking at herself at the mirror with the boat neck dress, she was looking at herself up and down while Madeline was shaking her head in the mirror's reflection.

"I don't know, Eva... it's just not you in the dress, do you get me?"

"... Mmm, yeah, you are right. I don't get me as well. What do you suggest? Since you are my maid of honor."

"Well..." She stood up and rummaged through other dresses and pulled out the mermaid dress and the queen Anne dress as well. "I love both of them and it's hard to choose, so..." She sighed. "I pick these two but you are the one who will have to choose. Which one do you prefer to wear on your wedding day?"

Eva sighed dramatically and looked back and forth between the dresses. "Both are really beautiful and you are right, it's hard to choose, but" She tapped her chin thinking. "I think I'll go with the mermaid dress because I'm a Latina so it will show my curves and that's bonus for Paul."

Madeline chuckled at her and handed her the dress. "That's a good point, Eva."

"It's the truth." She shrugged with a smile, making Madeline shake her head. "I'm gonna try it on. How many dresses have we tried so far?"

"Fourteen."

"Wow! No wonder I feel a bit tired. Anyway, it's for the wedding."

Eva went back to the dressing room while Madeline waited for her outside, taking a look around her at the various types and colors of dresses and she was wondering how she would feel if her special day comes someday to be committed to that special person. Will it be Wren? The woman who captivated her heart from the first glance or will it be some other person in the future whether it was a man or a woman? She didn't know what the future was holding for her but she knew one thing for sure that Wren has her heart. Eva interrupted her thoughts as she started talking.