Chapter (2): Secret Meeting

At 7:00 PM, Emily was at the café, sipping her coffee, waiting for Monique's arrival. She was still wondering where Wren could be but she wasn't worried because she knows that Wren is strong and she remembered when she told Madeline to go and look for her, maybe things got better between them or maybe not. Is she with Madeline right now or is she having a whole one night stand with some other woman? Thoughts were roaming her mind but she hoped for the best for her missing friend.

"Sorry. The office needed me." said Monique taking a seat across from her, running a hand through her blond locks.

"It's okay. Need a drink?"

"Wine."

The waiter made his way over to them, opening his notebook and took Monique's order then left. Monique placed her fancy bag on the chair beside her and looked at Emily, waiting for her to speak with her hands folded on the table.

"What?" asked Emily shrugging.

"What?"

"What 'What'?"

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Have... Have you heard from Wren after Sarah's gala?" asked Emily tapping her fingers on the coffee mug.

"... No? Why?"

"Because she wasn't at work today, and she didn't answer her phone when I called her like... 5 times."

"Maybe she is just at home resting or something."

She shook her head slowly. "No, Monique. I went over to her house this afternoon and she wasn't even there. I tried calling her on her cell, her home but no trace of her."

"Okay, now I'm getting worried" She pulled out her phone and started dialing Wren and after three rings, Wren hung up on her.

"She hung up on me."

"Then that means she is aware of us calling her but she doesn't want to answer."

"How do we find her?"

Emily shrugged. "I don't know, but I can't help the feeling that she is somewhere we know and with someone but I hope it's not a whiskey bottle." She rubbed her temples as she kept thinking.

"The last time we saw her was two nights ago, right?" Emily nodded. "So, let's say she went home with someone to pour out her hurt feelings after her encounter with Madeline and that someone is someone we know."

"I don't get it. What's your point?"

"I'm saying... what if she was with Madeline and that's why she isn't answering the calls?"

"... Uh, no, I don't think so... because she was so upset right after she saw her."

"That's my point. Madeline went after her, right? We don't know what happened between them next because we weren't there but... I think they are together somewhere and I have a plan to prove it." She smirked and Emily raised her eyebrows at her sipping her coffee.

................................................

Wren was preparing drinks for her and Madeline as they decided to spend their night relaxing in the hot tub. Madeline came beside Wren wearing her blue and white stripped bikini, checking her phone and saw a text message from Eva asking where she was and she needed to talk to her about something.

She pressed the phone to her ears waiting for Eva to answer, after four rings she picked up.

"Hey, where the hell have you been? I went to your house last night and you weren't there."