Chapter (36): The Lake House

"Is everything ready?" asked Wren, placing her hands on her hips, looking at the luggage by the door.

"Yeah, I think that's everything!" Madeline yelled out from the room then emerged from it adjusting her shirt. She was wearing deep blue v- neck shirt and black jeans. Wren was wearing a blue flannel shirt and underneath it a white sleeve shirt with grey jeans and white sneakers like Madeline.

"Okay, let's go then." She put her arm around her shoulder and carried her bag along with Madeline and headed to the car.

After two hours of driving, Wren parked the car outside the lake house and both stepped out of the car, only to be greeted by Dan who was dribbling the basketball on the mini court.

"Oh hey! You're here!" He tossed the ball away and jogged over to them, giving his sister a hug and teased her using the nickname 'corky' leading Wren to laugh at them then he turned to her. "Wren, my man! Congrats!" He gave her a hug patting her back and pulled away afterwards to help them in carrying the bags before walking inside the house.

"Hello! Anyone in the house?! The guests are here!" he yelled out as he placed the bags down, and out of nowhere Vanessa came grinning and running when she saw Madeline and Wren. Madeline opened her arms for her while bending down, waiting for Vanessa's big jump and she did jump in her embrace squealing. Madeline laughed softly at her while Wren and Dan were smiling at the cute encounter, then he walked away to get the others.

"Hey, Nessa. I missed you so much!" She groaned while hugging her tightly and Vanessa giggled.

"I missed you too, Maddie." She said pulling away from her and looked up at Wren with a toothy smile then walked to her.

Wren smiled down at her then grabbed her from under her arms and lifted her off the ground and Vanessa squealed then wrapped her arms around Wren, hugging her.

"Hi, little Nessa." said Wren rubbing her back. "How're you?"

"Good!"

"And how's school?"

"My teacher gave me a star on my book and my friends clapped their hands for me."

"And since you're a pretty good girl, I brought you a little present." She put her down on the ground and searched her pocket for something and brought a red lollipop. "This is for you."

"Thanks Wren." She hugged her legs tightly and Wren caressed her golden locks.

"You're welcome."

She raised her head from looking down at Vanessa and turned her eyes on Madeline as she was smiling at both of them. Wren shot her a wink, leading her to blush then they broke the gaze when they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

Rose, Mike, Dan, Lena and her husband came downstairs smiling at the soon to be married couple. Lena went to her daughter hugging her tightly and did the same to Wren. Mike hugged Madeline congratulating her and shook hands with Wren as for Joseph he was smiling at both of them and welcomed Wren in his arms. He pulled away with a grin before turning to Madeline with a proud look on his face.

Rose was holding her two months' baby boy in her arms and Madeline smiled warmly at her baby nephew.

"How old is he now again?" asked Madeline looking at his small dimples.

"Two months." said Mike.

"Two months? Already?" They nodded. "They grow up so fast." She whined and caressed his light blonde hair. "He started to grow hair too."

"He looks just like his father." said Wren putting a hand on Madeline's small of her back.

"He looks like Rose." said Mike.