Chapter (4): The Reunion

"Since we are all here, why not sit together in one table?" said Monique confidently.

"Good idea." said Eva. "You don't mind, right Madeline?"

She turned to Eva with a nervous smile. "... No, of course not."

"Great then we shall sit." said Emily grabbing a chair for herself, while Wren was gazing at Madeline who avoided her eyes so that no one suspects anything.

Wren pressed her lips together then took a seat between Monique and Emily and across from her sat Eva and Madeline.

"So, how are you guys?" asked Madeline, hoping to change the awkward atmosphere.

"We are fine." said Elise feeling amused, holding Monique's hand under the table. "How is your new job?"

"It's magical. I have to deal with dresses and designs every day till I get bored but the job still has its pros."

"Yeah, someday I'll wear one of your designs." said Monique and then turned to Eva giving her the nod to speak on what they planned.

"How is your family, Madeline?" asked Eva, looking at her friend.

"Uh, they are fine. My sister just gave birth to a boy, they named him Andrew."

"Aw, cute." said Emily and Wren just smiled a little and fought the urge to stare into Madeline's eyes.

"And how is Daniel?" asked Eva once again.

"He's doing great so far at college."

"That's a nice scarf you are wearing, Madeline." said Elise admiring the scarf. "Is it silk?"

"Umm, yes."

"Despite its beauty, don't you feel hot? It's like 90 degrees in here." said Monique fanning herself with her hand.

"N-No... it's fine. The weather is fine today."

"Come on, you'll kill yourself with that." said Eva as she unwrapped it around Madeline's neck without her knowing and they all gasped at Madeline's hickey's except for Wren who her eyes went wide.

"Who did this to you? And when? Must be a killer in bed." asked Emily smirking and pretending to be shocked.

"Nobody."

"Really?" asked Monique turning to Wren who was now very much afraid from her stare because she fidgeted a little. Monique noticed the Wren's shirt was buttoned fully except for the first button on top and that's not how Wren usually wear her dress shirts.

"W-Why are you looking at me?"

"I need to check on something real quick. Do you mind?"

"Mind what?"

She frowned and then Monique's hands reached for Wren's collar while Emily held both her hands down and Monique undid her two other buttons below the first one then widened the shirt, revealing three hickeys along Wren's collarbone.

"Yeah, that's right. Like I expected they will be there." said Monique and Elise chuckled beside her at her proud girlfriend.

"Someone please explain this." said Emily pointing at both of them.

"You two owe us an explanation about your disappearance and your love bites. It can't be coincidence." said Eva looking at Madeline who her face turned red. "They are kind of connected."

"Yeah and Wren always loved to be bitten somewhere where nobody can see." said Monique. "Or try to."

"So... who's gonna talk first?" said Emily looking at them.