Chapter (62): Unexpected Guest

Two weeks have passed and Wren never opened her mouth, not daring to speak what her eyes witnessed. Her father, Eleanor, Dave and her friends tried to talk to her but all she did was stay silent and quiet. Just her eyes focused on her computer, being the workaholic she was before.

Wren lost some weight and her body displayed how tired she felt. Being engrossed in her work, busing her soul with a bunch of paper and meetings was her nutrition. Her unhealthy nutrition. Her family and friends were half relieved, half worried. Relieved knowing that she isn't drinking anymore, but worried because of the silent treatment she was giving them all day. She only speaks when she demands and needs something job related.

Flashback:

"What're you looking at?" asked Wren, smiling at her fiancée who was grinning at her and tracing her thumb over her lips.

"You." She chuckled.

"May I know why?"

Madeline looked her in the eyes with a loving shy smile. "I'm trying to picture how our kids would look like."

Wren smiled more and held her fiancée's body that was on top of hers, as she leaned forward for a peck.

"The group talk got into you, huh."

She shrugged and caressed her face. "Something like that, yeah."

"Well, what do you want them to look like?"

"Hmmm, I want them to have your eyes... your lips... your cockiness." They laughed lightly together. "I want them to be just like you."

"Nah-uh, that's not fair." said Wren turning them over, earning a giggle from Madeline. "If they go your way, they will look like me. I want them to be a mini-you. Cute little Madelines all around the house."

"You think I'm cute?" asked Madeline playfully, batting her eyelashes.

"No... you're beautiful and that's why I want our future kids to be you. To have their pure heart and pure soul from their wonderful mom."

Madeline smiled beneath her and her hands reached up, stroking Wren's face mildly.

"I was talking about me." said Wren jokingly, getting a slap on the shoulder from Madeline who laughed eventually with her. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Wren smirked down at her. "Good then let's start and make our babies."

"You're unbelievable! Our friends are staying in the room next to ours and you wanna have sex now?"

"Sound proof walls, babe."

Madeline scoffed playfully. "Yeah, sound proof walls that made us hear Eva and Paul this evening."

Wren's eyes went wide, remembering the voices she and Madeline heard at the evening.

"Yeah... let's make babies later." said Wren slowly getting off Madeline and sleeping next to her but Madeline had other plans as she pulled her face and kissed her passionately.

End Of Flashback

Wren was leaning her back against the chair, twirling the necklace that was around her neck with her slender fingers. She replaced the phoenix pendant with Madeline's engagement ring. Gripping it in her palm. Emily knocked on the door, before she entered the office with a cup of coffee in her hand. She glanced at Wren sadly, placing the cup down on the desk but Wren was zoned out in her own world. Drowning in her waves of memories.