bully

"Stop it please" tears run down my cheeks. He punches my stomach. "Just give it to me!" Deluca yells. "I- I already gave my money to derek" I sob.

I'm on the field when deluca came up to me and pushed me into a tree, demanding some money.

"What the hell is going on?" Derek walks over. He steps towards me. "No, please don't hurt me" I sob, grabbing behind me, onto the tree.

"What the hell did you do to her!?" He pushes deluca. I run away, hiding behind a bush. I curl up in a ball, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Meredith" Derek kneels next to me. "No, don't!" I move away from him. "I'm not going to hurt you.. just tell me what happened" he says.

I'm just crying uncontrollably into my arm, hiding my face from him. "Come on.. I can take you back to class" he stands up. I try to get up but can't. I sob harder.

"What's wrong?" He kneels down. I pull up my dress slightly, showing him my bruised thigh. "What the hell" he says. "He pushed me into the tree" my lip trembles.

"I've got you" he moves closer. I jump slightly. "Meredith I've never hurt you before.. I'm not going to, I promise" he says. "Why are you helping me?" I ask.

"Just hold onto me" he says. I hesitantly wrap my arms around his neck. He picks me up. "Okay wrap your legs around me" he turns me around so I'm on his back.

I wrap my legs around him, holding onto him as he carries me piggyback style to a bench on the field.

I rest my head on the back of his shoulder. "You're getting tears on my shirt" he says. "I'm sorry" I pull away. "No, it's okay" he mumbles.

He sits me on the bench. He sits next to me. He checks my thigh, looking at the bruise. "Why are you so mean to me?" I ask. He looks into my eyes.

"you're always alone.. why don't you have any friends?" He asks, changing the subject. "Why do you think? Nobody likes me" I say.

"I'm sorry for being mean to you" he says. I look at him shocked. "You don't have many friends either.. why not?" I ask. He doesn't answer.

I reach into my pocket. I hand him $10. "Meredith you told him you didn't have any money?" He says. "I kept it for you" I sniffle, wiping my nose.

"What? Why would you do that?" He asks. "I'm not stupid.. I know the reason you steal my money everyday.. your dad kicked you out.. you've been living in your car for weeks now" I say.

"Why the hell are you so nice to me? I have been an absolute asshole to you for months and you're still giving me money?" He asks. "Because I know it's not the real you.. you forget that I've known you since I was 6 years old" I say.

He puts his hand on my cheek. I look into his eyes. "I'm so sorry" he whispers. Tears run down my cheeks. "Its okay" I whisper.

"I'll take you home" he says. My heart starts pounding in my chest. He goes to help me up when I push our lips together. "What the hell are you doing!?" He pulls away. I flinch.

"I'm sorry" I say. He grabs my face, kissing me passionately. I grab onto the bench under me, kinda scared to touch him even with his tongue in my mouth.

He picks me up. I wrap my legs tight around his waist, finally wrapping my arms around his neck. I pull away slowly, looking into his eyes.

He goes to pass me the $10 back. "Keep it" I say. "I don't want it" he says. "Derek-" I say. "I don't want your stupid money!" He yells. I take it.

He carries me all the way to his car and places me in the passenger seat. He drives me to my house after I give him my address. I tell him to just carry me inside because my parents aren't home anyway.

He places me on my couch. "Thankyou" I say. "I should go" he says. "Derek my parents aren't home tonight!" I say as he walks away. He looks at me. "Stay here" I say.

"I can't" he says. "You haven't got anywhere to be" I say. "Stop being nice to me" he says. "No" I say. He walks over to me.

"Have something to eat.. you must be hungry" I say. He shakes his head. "I'm hungry too.. please" I say.

"Do you want me to make you something to eat then?" He asks. "Um.. yes please" I smile. He goes to the kitchen. I just watch him as he cooks. We start talking a little too.

He puts the food on the table. I manage to pick myself up. "Don't" he stops me, picking me up. I let out a breath. He carries me to the table. We both sit down.

"This looks good" I say. It really does. "Um.. try this" he moves the fork to my lips. "That's really really good" I moan. He smiles.

I smile. "You have a lovely smile, you know?" I whisper. His smile fades. "I- I'm sorry" I shake my head. "You apologise too much" he says. "Sorry" I say. He smiles. We both laugh.

We both finish eating our food and he carries me to bed. He sleeps on the floor next to me with a bunch of blankets to make him comfortable. Maybe he isn't so bad after all?