you resent me

"Mom.. you'll be fine.. I promise.. you're just going through a rough patch" millie, my daughter says. We're sat In my room. "He suggested a divorce" I say. My daughter is 16 years old. Me and derek have been married 25 years. "He doesn't mean it.. you know dad, he says stupid things all the time" she says.

The door opens. Derek walks in. I clear my throat, wiping my eyes quickly. "You want me to beat him up? I will" she whispers. I chuckle softly. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm going to Katie's house" millie says, standing up. "Okay.. thanks honey" I say. She leans down and I kiss her on the cheek. "I'll see you later sweetie" Derek kisses her on the cheek too. She leaves.

"Are you.. okay?" He asks. I nod, not looking at him. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Nothing" I say. "Meredith" he says seriously. I try not to but I can't help but cry. I lay back, pushing my face Into my pillow. I pull my covers over me, hiding myself under them.

He sits next to me. He gently pulls the covers down. "Whats wrong?" He asks. "I don't want a divorce" I sob into the pillow. He sighs. "Me either" he says.

"You said it" I cry. "I- I didn't mean it.. I just- I'm tired of the fighting.. you know how long it's been since.. since we've even kissed?" He says. "Too long" I mumble. "Exactly.. I want you back.. what happened to us?" He says.

"You hate me" I say. "I don't hate you" he says. "You hate me.. ever since you lost your job.. 3 months ago.. you've been mean.. and distant.. like you resent me" I sob.

"I don't hate you meredith" he says. "You do" I cry. "I don't" he says. "Then why are you so mean to me? I didn't do anything to you.. and you shout at me all the time" I sob into the pillow.

I hear his breathing get heavier. I slowly pull my face off of the pillow, looking at him. Tears are running down His own cheeks.

"I'm sorry meredith.. I'm so so sorry.. I didn't- you don't deserve the way I've been treating you.. I'm so sorry" he says.

I sit up. "Why have you been so angry with me?" I say. "I'm not angry with you.. i- I'm angry with myself.." he says. "What?" I whisper. "I took it out on you.. and I shouldn't have.." he says.

"Why are you angry with yourself?" I whisper, tears running down my cheeks. "I was stupid.. I made a stupid decision during surgery.. I almost killed someone and I got fired" he says. "You were trying to save him" I say. "But I almost killed him" he whispers. "But you didn't" I whisper.

I move closer to him, kneeling infront of him. I wipe his tears with my thumbs. He wipes mine. "I love you mer.. I could never hate you.. I'm so so sorry" he hugs me tight. "I love you too" I hug him back.

"I should never have said that thing about divorce.. you know I didn't mean it, right? I can't live without you.. you are my whole life" he says. Tears run down my face.

"I thought you hated me" I say. He pulls away slowly. He shakes his head. "I love you.. more than anything in the world" he says. "I love you too.. and I can't live without you either" I whisper.

We look into eachothers eyes. He puts his hands on my cheeks, kissing me passionately. Millie runs into the room. We pull away. She hugs us both tight. We smile, hugging er back. "I'm glad you aren't getting divorced" she says. "You interrupted a very good kiss" I say. They both laugh.

We pull away. "I thought you left?" Derek says. "I needed to find out what happened.. I'm actually going now.. I'll see you later" she says. "Hey uh.. you can have a sleepover tonight at Katie's if you want" I say. "Okay" she smiles. "I'll pick you up in the morning" Derek says. "Okay" she says. "Bye" she smiles, walking out. "Bye" we both say.

Derek faces me, smirking. "What?" I giggle. "Are you getting rid of our daughter so you can take advantage of me?" He smirks. I giggle.

"You might get lucky tonight" I smirk. "With you as my wife.. I'm not sure there's enough luck left in the world" he says. I look into his eyes. "You're definitely getting lucky tonight" I say. He chuckles softly, smirking.

I wrap my arms around his neck. "Can I be happy again? Or are we gonna be fighting again tomorrow?" I look into his eyes. "Be happy" he smiles. I kiss him, climbing onto him, straddling his thighs.

"You think she's gone?" He asks. "Um.. millie!" I yell. There's no reply. I look at him. "Millie!" He shouts. There's no reply. We grin at eachother. "She's gone" I say.

"I want sex" he growls. I giggle, pulling off his shirt. "Me too" I say, kissing him hungrly. "I've been wanting you for far too long" he says. "me too" I say in a moan as I undo his trousers.

We pull off eachothers clothes in seconds. "I've been needing you inside me for so long" I rest my forehead against his as I grind against his growing bulge. "I've been needing you so much more" he says, groaning. 

I put my hands on his shoulders, picking myself up. He positions himself at my entrance. I let out a loud moan, my head falling back as I lower myself onto him. He fills me up, instantly hitting all the right spots.

I dig my nails into his shoulder in pleasure as I start grinding against him. I kiss him hungrly, moaning into his mouth as he massages my walls with his cock.

"Ohh baby" I moan against his lips. He puts his hands on my hips. I let out a loud moan as he picks me up, slamming me back down onto him repeatedly. I moan, wrapping my arms around his neck, my head falling back.

My back arches. My moans get louder as he takes my nipple in his mouth, nibbling and sucking on it. He groans, slamming me down onto him harder. "Ohh yessssss babyy" I moan.

"Oh I'm gonna cummmm" I feel myself getting closer. I let out a loud cry of pleasure, pushing my face into his shoulder as I cum. He groans deeply as he cums short after.

He stops his movements. My body instantly collapses against his, snuggling into him. I push my face into his shoulder as I try to catch my breath. We're both breathing heavily.

He picks me up, pulling out of me. We collapse next to eachother on the bed, our legs entwined. "Mm.. I missed you" he wraps his arms around me, pulling me close. "I missed you" I say. "I love you honey" he whispers. "I love you too baby" I whisper.

---------

I wake up in the morning. Derek isn't in bed with me. I sigh, getting up. I put on my panties, some fluffy socks, joggers and one of his shirts. I walk downstairs. Millies sat at the counter. Derek's behind the counter, cooking.

"Good morning" I say. "morning" millie says. "Oh just fuck off!" Derek yells. I jump slightly.

He pulls his earphone out of his ear. "Sorry.. not you" he says. I let out a small breath. "Good morning" he walks over to me. I smile as he puts his hands on my waist, kissing me.

"Who was that?" I run my fingers through his hair. "..Addison" he says. "What? Why?" I ask. "Richard called her.. he was asking if she could suggest anyone who's as good at neuro as me so she rang me.. and she was shouting" he says. "Why?" I ask. "Said I shouldn't have done such a stupid thing in surgery" he says.

"I like addison" millie says. We both look at her. "Ask her to be your mom instead then" I tease. "Almost was" she teases back. I chuckle softly. "Both of you.. shut up" Derek chuckles. He kisses me softly. I giggle.

"You two seem happy" millie says. "I am" I smile, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Me too" he smiles. He kisses me softly. "I love you" I whisper. "I love you" he whispers. We kiss again passionately.

1425 words