over the years

13 years old:
Meredith's pov:
Me and cristina are walking down the school corridors. "What class have you got?" I ask. "Science.. you?" She says. "Uh.." I stop. "Hey mer" derek walks over to us. "Um hi" I smile, blushing. "Have you got maths now?" He asks. I nod. "Can I walk you?" He asks. I look at cristina. She nods. I give her a look. "Yeah she'll walk with you" she pushes me towards him. He chuckles softly.

"I was wondering.." he looks at me as we walk the halls. "Yeah..?" I say shyly. "Do you wanna maybe hang out with me at break today?" He asks. "W-with your friends?" I ask. "No I was thinking just us" he smiles. "Okay" I smile.

We arrive at maths. I go to open the door. "Where you going?" I ask as he starts to walk away. He smiles, walking back over to me. "Oh I don't have maths.. I just wanted to walk you" he grins. He kisses me on the cheek. I blush hard. He walks away. I grin, taking a deep breath before walking into maths.

14 years old:
"Hey mer" derek catches up to me in the hallway. "Oh hey" I smile. I blush hard as he holds my hand. "Someone will see" I whisper, pulling my hand away gently. He chuckles softly. "Drop me off to science?" I smile. "Sure" he says. We walk to my science classroom.

15 year old:
"Thankyou for letting me stay over Mrs shepherd" I smile. "Of course honey" she smiles. I pick up mine and derek's plates, taking them to the sink. Derek takes the glasses to the sink. "You two can go up to his room.. you can sleep in the same bed if you want.. its king so its big but door open" Carol says. I giggle as derek rolls his eyes.

Derek holds my hand. I smile. We walk upstairs. We go into his room. He closes the door behind him. "Door open!" Carol shouts from downstairs. I chuckle as he opens the door again.

I jump onto his bed. I giggle as he jumps next to me. "Our first sleepover" I grin. "I can't believe our parents agreed on letting us" he says. "Me either.. well, my parents are out of town and your mom will probably be checking on us every five seconds" I giggle.

"So what do you wanna do?" He asks. We both sit up. "Um.. I brought my sleepover bag with me.. I usually use it for my girl sleepovers but.." I giggle. He rolls his eyes. "Fine go get it" he says. I grin, running downstairs. I grab my bag before running back up.

"Wanna do facemasks?" I ask. "No" he says. "Please" I smile. "No" he says. "I'll kiss you" I grin. "You'll kiss me anyway" he grins, pecking me on the lips. "Ewww" I joke, wiping my lips. He laughs. I giggle.

"We can take cute pictures with them on.. please?" I say. "Fine" he says. I smile. I put my hand on his cheek, kissing him. "Hey the door is open for a reason" Carol walks past us. I pull away quickly, blushing hard. I look away from her, hiding my face, embarrassed. "Mom!" He says. She chuckles, walking away.

He puts his hand on my cheek. "Don't be embarrassed" he grins. "Has she gone?" I whisper. He nods, smiling. I look into his eyes. I smile, kissing him again softly. I pull away, giggling. He smiles.

"Facemasks!" I hold up the facemask. We do the facemasks, take some pictures and peel them off.

We get changed into our pyjamas. I'm wearing shorts and a tank top and he's wearing bottoms and a shirt. "I'm colllddd" I whine, crossing my arms. "Here" he throws one of his hoodies to me. "Oh thankyou" I smile, putting it on. Its baggy on me but warm.

We get into bed, under the covers. "Are you warm enough?" He asks. I smile, nodding. I smile, wrapping his arms around his waist. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer. I snuggle my face into his chest. "I love you" I whisper. "I love you too" he says. I close my eyes. I fall asleep in his arms.

16 years old:
"She was flirting with you!" I yell. "Meredith grey" my teacher says. We're in our history classroom. Everyone is watching as me and derek fight.