i feel disgusting

I walk into the trailer. I hear quiet cries coming from ellens room. I walk in. She's in bed crying. "Hey.. what's wrong?" I walk over to her. She's curled up in a ball.

"Nothing.. nothing I'm fine" she whispers, wiping her eyes. "Tell me what's wrong el" I brush her hair out of her face, sitting infront of her.

"I um- me and Jeremy are fighting" she says. "What happened?" I ask. "I- he- he-" she sobs. "What baby? tell me" I whisper. She loves it when I give her little nicknames like honey or baby.. but it's just in a friendly way.. for her.

"You know how.. my mom had cancer and she died.. when I was younger?" She says after she finally calms down a little. "Yeah" I whisper. "And I got the- the double thing.. the mastectomy so I don't.." she whispers. "Yeah" I whisper.

She looks into my eyes. Tears are filled to the brim with tears. Her bottom lip is trembling as she tries to hold herself together. "He- he called me gross" she sobs. My heart sinks.

"He said that he'd rather have sex with one of his guy friends than touch me" she whispers. I sigh. "And he's been cheating on me.. I found out that he tried hitting on a girl, not knowing it was my friend.. when she saw his ring she asked and he told her I died.. from breast cancer" she sobs uncontrollably. "I'm so sorry.. he's such a-" I sigh.

"He said he can't look at me the same way.. I- our marriage was breaking to begin with but- but I- he made me feel disgusting.. I- I can't-" she sobs uncontrollably. My heart breaks for her.

I hug her tight. She wraps her arms around me. I just let her cry Into my chest. I run my fingers through her hair trying to comfort her until she finally calms down.

"I'm sorry.. I know you're going through a divorce right now.. I shouldn't be putting all of this on you" she pulls away. "No.. tell me when you're upset.. im your friend.. I'm here for you.." I whisper, putting my hands on her cheeks, wiping her tears.

"Thankyou" she whispers. I look into her eyes. "What?" She whispers. "I'm so sorry he made you feel like this" I say. She sighs.

"You're the most gorgeous.. amazing.. just- the best woman I know.. you should never have to feel like you're any less than perfect" I say.

She looks into my eyes. She puts her hands on my cheeks, kissing me softly. I feel her tears run down onto my cheeks. I pull away. "Ellen" I say. She puts her fingers on her lips where mine recently were. "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. I- I'm-" she says. "it's okay" I cut her off.

"No it isn't.. you were being nice.. a good friend.. I- you.. I just wanted to feel good again.. I'm so stupid.. I'm sorry.. I know you don't feel that way about me" she says.

"Ellen" I say. "I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry.. god you're going through a divorce too and I just- please just forget I did-" she keeps rambling. I put my hands on her cheeks, kissing her deeply.

She pulls away. "Why did you do that?" She asks. "Of course I feel that way about you" I say. "What?" She says.

"I know you don't love me.. or probably even like me that way but I don't ever want you to feel like you're not good enough.. I think you're perfect" I say. Tears run down her cheeks.

"Do you really think that?" She whispers. "Yes.. since the day I met you 8 years ago.. nothing could ever change that" I whisper. "Even the.. mastectomy?" She looks down. "Nothing" I whisper.

She looks into my eyes. She leans in slowly, kissing me. I pull away slowly. "I'm sorry.. I want to make you feel better I just- I can't if you're just gonna go back home to Jeremy" I say.

"Patrick.. I love you" she looks into my eyes. "I'm not going back to him.. I want you.. not him" she says. She kisses me again. She lays down and I crawl ontop of her as our tongues dance.