⛓Chapter 21⛓

Y/N fanned her face from the heat of the stream that was in the kitchen, she opened the window in the kitchen and waited for herself to stop being so hot.

She went back to the pot of food and placed the food on plates for her coworkers, she had gotten into a habit of cooking for them now.

Y/N kind of felt like she had to sometimes, she always had to make sure Kurapika had his full or else she couldn't continue doing her work.

She didn't want to fall into the situation of him being ill or worse, so she made sure he was always fed but the sleeping part was still difficult.

Kurapika loved to stay awake and fuck with his health, Y/N gave up on trying to fix his sleep schedule.

Palm always joked about Y/N becoming Kurapika's mother but now she was starting to see it herself.

"Melody! Basho!"She yelled and unlocked the door to the kitchen.

They came running at the sound of their names.

Two kids down, one more to go

Y/N takes off her apron and places it on the hook, she grabs the katsu curry that she made.

"Going to convince Kurapika to eat?"Melody asked as Y/N nodded, she takes a spoon and starts walking out of the kitchen.

She opens the door to their study, Kurapika looks up at her then at the food she was holding.

"L/N I'm not hungry"Kurapika said.

"Too bad"

Y/N placed the plate and the spoon on the desk, she grabbed his pen.

"Hey!"

Y/N held it in the air as he tried reaching for it, she thought she had the upper hand until Kurapika stood up and was about to snatch it out of her hand but she pulled her arm down, and she shoved the pen between her breasts before he could get another chance to grab it from her.

"Eat, then you can continue working"Kurapika grits his teeth as he looks at the pen then back at Y/N.

"Fine"He sits down and brings the plate closer to him.

Now all the kids are eating, soon I can go eat myself.

She sits down on one of the chairs next to his desk, watching him eat, Kurapika avoided her gaze and quietly ate.

"I can't believe I called you cute"Y/N said with an emotionless face, Kurapika froze and looked at her.

"What?"

"I must have been seriously sleepy if I was hallucinating"Kurapika licked his teeth in anger as he gave her a mini glare.

"I can't believe I enjoyed your company that night, that fever must have caused some serious brain damage" Kurapika fired back as Y/N placed a hand on her chest in shock.

"Excuse me?"

"No, I'm just saying that the fever might have messed with my eyes as well..and maybe everything else"He took a spoonful of the curry.

"Oh really? I hope you know I saw you blushing multiple times"Y/N whispered to herself as Kurapika almost choked on the food.

"* cough* You must have been imagining things"Kurapika bangs on his chest.

"You blushed when I called you cute, you simply fell in love with me"

"Uh no, quite the contrary actually, the way you were so innocent and not so..you, made me see you in a different light but that disappeared as quickly as it came"Y/N nods while making a face obviously mocking him.

"You're so in love, you force me to go to public gatherings"Y/N gives a fake small laugh. "Funny? Right?"She fake laughs again.

"So this is why you're so upset"Kurapika shakes his head at her.

So dramatic

"Upset?...OF COURSE AM UPSET YOU- *deep breath* you didn't even ask"

"You are making this a bigger deal then it really is, I was planning on taking Neon, Ten Dons will forget about you and you'll be clear to go on with your day"Y/N stayed silent as she processed what just came out his mouth.

This bitch was playing me the whole time

"You were pranking me?"

"Yes"

"Ha, I thought someone with your mindset wouldn't even know what that word means"She crossed her legs.

"Are you calling me old?"Y/N pulls out the pen from her breasts and slams it on the table.

"Don't forget to take your pills grandpa"Y/N stands up and takes the empty plate from Kurapika and leaves.

What just happened