⛓Chapter 48⛓

Y/N felt pure embarrassment, Melody must have heard the whole conversation. All she wanted to do right now was curl up in a ball and never show her face again.

She passed her cup to Haru, her sudden change of attitude confused him.

Why is she mopey now?

A waitress walked over to them and took the empty cups.

The kitten in Y/N's lap stared at Kurapika curiously, Y/N looked down at the feline and scratched its head.

"I'm surprised it didn't run over to her"Haru said. "How long do we have together? I'd like to take you to one more place"The group of women quieted down and stayed silent as they eavesdropped.

"Fortunately not long, I want to go rest at home"Both Kurapika and Haru looked offended.

She lied?! She just wanted a break from work!

"Fortunately? How appreciative"Haru slouched and turned his body to face the wall, Y/N rolled her eyes. "I thought we had a connection"

"It's been the first date, there isn't a connection"Haru turned back and smirked.

"Let's make one then"He leaned closer to her face.

Kurapika's hands formed fists.

"Don't get too cocky, Haru-kun"She placed her index finger under his chin and pulled him closer.

Their lips were inches apart, they could practically feel each other's aura intertwining.

Just as Kurapika was about to lash out, Basho quickly caught Kurapika's arms and kept him down, Kurapika groaned in anger.

The owner and her employees watched while eating the pastries on display. The owner looked worried while her employees were betting on what was going on.

"Am not that easy"She said bluntly and harshly moved his head to the side with her finger.

Kurapika let out a sigh and relaxed, Haru laughed softly.

"You're something else Y/N-san"He wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"You pick the worst times to act like this"Y/N made eye contact with Melody.

Keep up the good work Y/N!

Y/N took out her phone from her jacket pocket and found Melody's contact, she taped on the messages icon and typed a message.

'Leave'

Haru tried to peek at her phone but she quickly turned the phone the other way.

"Who are you texting? It's a date, you're supposed to have all of your attention on me"Haru pouted.

Mind your business

Melody's phone pinged, Todo leaned closer to Melody and watched as she texted back.

'What do you mean?'

Y/N opened the message.

'It's not that hard to notice a grown man in a wig'

'We just wanted to see how it's going'

'You did, now you can gtfo'

'Are you embarrassed to have us watch you?'

'Very much yes, DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BE RELAXED AND HAVE FUN WHEN I CAN FEEL EYES BURNING HOLES INTO MY FUCKING HEAD?!'

'Why don't you go on a date with Kurapika instead of Haru?"

'Becs he didn't ask me out, now take him and go, he's making a scene'

Y/N put her phone on the floor face down, her phone pinged but she didn't answer, Melody sighed, she whispered to Kurapika.

"Kurapika, I think she's uncomfortable with so many people in here, let's go"Kurapika shook his head.

"No way, what if something inappropriate happens or he attacks her?"Melody turned to Y/N.

Haru shakes Y/N to get her attention.

"Come on, stop staring at those creeps"Haru stood up. "Let's go to one more place then you can go have your day off, k?"

Y/N took the kitten off her lap and waved goodbye to it, she grabbed Haru's hand that he presented to her, he pulled her to her feet and wrapped an arm around her waist.

Kurapika nearly broke Basho's arm, Basho winched in pain as tears well up in his eyes.

Haru grinned at her, she looked at him blankly before taking his arm off and walking to the owner of the cat cafe.

Y/N gave a brief apology to the owner on behalf of her friends and bowed, Haru took her hand and dragged her to the new spot. The owner turned to the 4 on the floor, she walked in front of them and crossed her arms.

She scolded the group for ruining the couple's date, the employees watched with grins as they giggled at the mess Kurapika got himself into.

They apologised multiple times to the elder, she eventually kicked them out and told them to apologise to the couple.

"I can't believe that just happened"Todo said, shellshocked.

"It was kinda funny"Basho chuckled.

"The face Kurapika pulled when she yelled at us"Melody giggled, Todo glanced at Melody with a small blush.

"Do we keep following them?"Todo asked with a hand on his hip.

"I think we've had our share of bothering Y/N"Melody pulled off her face mask and wig. "We have to prepare everything for tonight" Kurapika nodded while zoning out.

If only I had more time