⛓Chapter 13⛓

Y/N and Leorio are aimlessly chatting about Kurapika's cross dressing, Kurapika, irritated 
tells them to shut up.

"Okay that's enough out of you two"Kurapika says with a hand on his forehead, "And these two won't have to dress up, I'll have Neon come with me"

"Ha?!"Leorio says in surprise, Y/N watches as the others give Kurapika weird looks. "Have you gone mad?!"

"Kurapika you can't be serious"Basho crosses his arms "We're talking about Neon here, you know the spoiled, annoying, bratty Neon"

"I know who she is, she might cause a ruckus but I'll handle her"

Y/N keeps looking back and forth as they argue, almost like a TV series, she was intrigued to know more about what happens next.

"She acts like a kid"Killua yawned.

"Wait, you're talking about the.."Y/N snaps her fingers trying to remember the identity "Daughter! The daughter of the original owner right?"Leorio nods.

"You know her?"Melody asks as Y/N nods.

"We found out about her curse and we were intrigued but who wouldn't be? A girl using nen when she never learned it or doesn't know what it is, it caused a stir in the Hunter World"

"What else did you know?"Kurapika questioned.

"Well, we had Palm help us find out her location and we observed her for a few days until the lights in the ball shut off, we only saw a certain someone with her"Y/N cleared her throat.

"Who?"Gon asked.

"Chrollo Lucifer, the leader of the spiders, he tricked her and took her curse, we were supposed to come here and question all of you"Gon and Killua share looks and look at Kurapika who stepped closer to Y/N and Leorio.

"Why didn't you?"

"Private information"She said in monotone, Kurapika gripped his cup, Leorio stood up and stood between him and the sitting Y/N.

"Okay how about we take a deep breath and c-"

"Say it"Kurapika instructed Y/N who chuckled lowly.

"I won't say anything if I don't want to"

"Back to the original topic"Melody clapped her hands as the attention was back to her "I don't think Neon is allowed out in the public yet after that fiasco so no Kurapika"Kurapika sighs through his nostrils.

Soon the group kept going back and forth, denying Neon but then reconsidering it and going back to denying it. Leorio kept screaming aggressively, Killua was recording the whole thing, Gon was sitting and watching it all go down, Melody was trying to keep the topic straight, Basho was just confused, Y/N was just watching and Kurapika was arguing back with Leorio.

"How about we do this another day"Melody gave up, the group was getting distracted every two seconds.

"Oh yeah since am here we might as well figure out my work plan, Mr Kurta"Kurapika gave Y/N a look before turning around.

"Follow me"She picks up her bag and follows the blond up the stairs.

As she walks behind him she couldn't stop looking at his ass, she just wanted to give it a nice squeeze, to give it a little slap and hear the jig-

"Come"Kurapika opens the door to his study and lets her inside before closing the door.

Y/N takes a seat next to the desk as Kurapika sits in his chair, he opens a drawer and takes out a piece of paper and a pen and clicks the tip of the pen.

"I hope you know you'll be working every day"Kurapika starts to write things down.

"That's fine by me"Y/N watches as his wrist glides across the paper.

"The weekends as well"Y/N's face drops in shock, Kurapika looks up and is amused at her reaction on the inside. "What's wrong?"

"On the weekends?"

"Yes"

"Like Saturday and Sunday?"

"Yes"

"Like the day that everyone has days off on?"

"Yes"

"The days that are called weekends for a reason?"

"Yes for the thousand's time"Kurapika keeps on writing as Y/N huffs in annoyance.

"What else?"She says with her foot tapping.

"The rest is decided upon your skills and ability, which I presume is low"Kurapika says under his breath but Y/N is able to catch it.

"What?"

"Nothing"Y/N nods slowly. "What are you skilled in?"

"Everything"Kurapika raises an eyebrow, not believing her. "I've been a secretary many times, test me"Y/N shrugs.

"Combat?"Y/N nods "Nen control"Another nod "Time management" Another nod "Note taking?" Another nod, Kurapika stops for a minute and tries to think of something harder, something all his friends suck at except from him. "Maths"

"..."

Not another thing was heard or moved at that moment, everything went completely still, Y/N didn't move a single muscle.

"Great"Kurapika went back to his paper, "I'm going to ask you a serious question...can I trust you?"Kurapika asked.

Y/N didn't know how to respond, she's never been asked that.

"I guess?"Kurapika looked her dead in the eyes.

"If I'm going to have you here you need to gain my trust, every single person downstairs is here because I trust them, since you're going to be my secretary I want to be able to not stress about you messing anything up or doing something stupid, got it?"Y/N blinked a few times at the sudden aggression.

She didn't expect that being a secretary for him would have to involve a trust complex, every other person she has worked for has just wanted her to crack on and make sales but it seemed to her like something deeper was going on.

Something deeper than the Mafia, something more sinister then she thought.