⛓Chapter 35⛓

First week
Kurapika was bored for the first time in a while, without Y/N there wasn't any chaos in his study anymore, it was unusually quiet for him now.

He put his hands on his face as he sighed in defeat.

Fuck

Kurapika shook the feeling off and continued his work.

Y/N on the other hand was going through with Beans on what she wanted to test the newcomers on, she had a hard time deciding.

I bet Blondie would have had a great idea by now

She bit the inside of her cheek as Beans kept giving her ideas that she rejected.

Y/N came up with a strength contest and went on to decide on how she would execute it.

Second week

Kurapika had tried to keep his promise to Y/N about his eating habit but it was hard, he barely ate but would occasionally eat a meal or a snack throughout the day.

Y/N was now waiting in the secret spot as she waited for candidates to enter the space, she was tempted to pull her phone out and call the mansion but pushed the feeling away and observed the people around her.

First Month

Kurapika had successfully gotten his revenge on Ten Dons, he beat him up senseless and sent him to the hospital.

Ten Dons liked the fact that Kurapika stood up to him so in return for his bravery he helped Kurapika's business boom.

Kurapika got new bodyguards, servants and permanent maids but it additionally costed Neon to stay in York New, Ten wanted Neon to still be connected to the Mafia so he had her stay.

Y/N had finished her part of the exam and now watched over the people that peaked her interest, they were now in the second phase and the examiner was giving them a hard time, it was a building contest, whoever made a decent working gun made by hand gets to pass onto the next phase.

Second Month

Kurapika's eyes opened as he woke up from his nap, he fainted in his chair last night.

He turned off the computer that was burning his eyes and he stood up to walk to the bathroom.

He looked at himself in the mirror.

He had eyebags, paler skin and more sunken in cheeks. Kurapika broke his promise to Y/N, he felt bad that he was still like this but there was nothing else he could do.

He didn't realise how quickly time goes by without someone there to remind him, Kurapika placed a hand on his mouth as contents from last night spewed out his mouth.

Shit

Kurapika cursed in his head, he spat out the remains and reached for his toothbrush, as he brushed his teeth his mind wondered back to Y/N.

He had completely forgotten about her for a while, it was as if he had never met her.

Kurapika hated to admit it but the workplace had gotten a lot quieter without her there.

He missed the way the study would be filled with her perfume, he missed her coming up to him while he was doing his work with food that she cooked.