⛓Chapter 12⛓

Kurapika stepped down the staircase as their voices got louder, he stopped at the end of the staircase and watched their childish antics. Melody noticed his presence and jogged over to him.

"She gets along with them well"Melody smiled, the 4's giggles died down as they started to get tired.

"I suppose"With one hand holding his empty mug, he walked to the kitchen.

Y/N collapsed on the couch in exhaustion as Leorio had his hands on his knees panting.

"We win!"Gon cheered as he high fived Killua.

"I'm going to get a drink"Y/N stood up with a hand on her chest to catch her breath.

She slowly walked inside the kitchen, as she entered the space she saw her boss turning on the kettle to make coffee, she stepped next to him as she grabbed a cup and turned on the cold water on the tap.

As she waited for it to turn colder, she laced her fingers through the water to check its temperature, she takes her hand out and shakes the water off and glides her cup into the sink to fill it up.

She turns off the water and brings the cup to her lips.

"I hear you're going on a trip in 2 weeks"Y/N said gulping down the water, Kurapika looked at her from the corner of his eye and went back to his coffee.

"Melody?"

"Yep"Y/N tapped her nails on the cup to release awkwardness. "You seem to also need a plus one that is a girl"Kurapika stays silent for a minute.

"You want to be my plus one" Kurapika said with confidence.

"Unfortunately I can't go because I have a meeting in 2 weeks myself, although I wouldn't go either way"She whispered the last part as she turned around to leave.

"I didn't ask you to attend so don't think am begging you to go"Y/N stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around.

"You honestly think I would hope for your useless begging? Even though I've only known you for two days I can tell you have an unshakable ego"

"I don't have time for arguing over trivial matters"Kurapika says as the kettle screams.

"Please, you're 19 get a grip, you're not in your 30s"Y/N gave him a dirty look.

"How would you know my age?"

"That file has a lot of information"

"I'm surprised you have such a big mouth when speaking to your boss"

"The only reason we are both in the same room right now is because your friend called up the chairman, we don't have any control over this situation because the real boss will bring hell to earth if we disobey"Y/N gulped down all her water and walked back to the sink, he replied with a hum.

"Mr Kurta if there is anything else I can assist you with then please call my name"She placed the cup in the sink and walked off.

Bitch

They both thought as Y/N exited.

Kurapika poured the boiling water into the coffee and stirred, he never met a person as arrogant as Leorio, actually more arrogant.

Those two were perfect for each other.

It seemed that every time they were in proximity they would clash uncontrollably like oil and water. He wondered how long this would have to last before he can get rid of her presence.

Kurapika took the mug in his hand and walked out of the kitchen, he saw the group of hunters discussing something. He looks away and doesn't take a second look, as he was about to leave for the stairs Basho pulls him to the group.

"How about we make the boss man decide?"Basho smirked, Kurapika raised an eyebrow "Did I ever tell you how devilishly handsome you are?" Y/N presses her lips together and holds back a smile.

Kurapika huffs and looks at Melody.

"What's going on?"

"We're trying to find you a plus one for the trip"Kurapika shakes his head in disapproval.

"Sir, have I ever told you how funny you are?"Basho continued, Kurapika removes Basho's hand off his shoulder and stepped away.

"I'll find one when the time comes"

"Says the control freak "Killua said while clearing his throat.

"We were thinking you take Leorio-san as a plus one, take Y/N as well and maybe take Palm-"

"Palm?"Melody nodded, Kurapika looks at Gon and Killua who shrugged.

"I have a better idea"Y/N said "Since I can't go and you're obviously not keen on having Palm"Y/N started "How about we have those two dress up and be girls"

"Ha?!"Killua said almost jumping out of his seat. "Woman have you lost your mind?!"

"Do we have to wear bras?"Gon said sweating, Killua pushed him by the shoulder.

"Why are you worried about that?! They want us to cross dress!"Killua said flaring his arms around.

"So? Kurapika did it and he was fine"Leorio commented, Y/N grinned mischievously.

"You cross dressed?"She said with a chuckle.

"That's none of your business"

"Were you wearing a wig?"

"None of your business"

"It was a silver wig, it was pretty long too"Leorio said.