⛓Chapter 14⛓

A few days passed by since Y/N and Kurapika's conversation, and she's been coming to the mansion every day.

She was barely seen around, Kurapika and her were in his study working away day and night.

For the first 2 days, passive aggressive insults were thrown around here and there but by the 3rd, 4th and 5th day both of them were too focused on getting everything done in time to think about petty insults.

A desk, chair and a laptop were brought into his study for Y/N on the first day and it was like she was super glued to it.

Her and Kurapika were constantly answering emails, filling out paperwork, thinking of ways to keep the business going and answering calls.

It used to be too much for Kurapika and it still is but now that he has help it's been a little easier. He looked from the corner of his eyes and saw her cracking on, she was jumping back and forth through the computer and the paperwork.

She was working at a machine's speed.

He was impressed.

Kurapika was kinda surprised they didn't jump into an argument from everything. They both had eye bags and were tired but one thing separated them, they were running on different things.

Kurapika was relying on coffee and energy drinks to keep him up while Y/N relayed on pain.

She would constantly pinch herself, claw at her legs or bite on her tongue to keep her awake, Kurapika noticed this habit but didn't say anything, it wasn't his place to act like he cared.

2 hours later

Y/N pushes herself away from the desk as she huffs.

Done

Y/N thought, she looked up at the clock and thought to get some food, she glanced at Kurapika. He was 100x worse than her, he looked dead, he was pale and was constantly twitching.

Maybe I should get him something

"I'll be on my lunch break"Y/N says as she gets her usual no reply, she walks out of the room and skips down the stairs.

"Hi"Melody greets as she walks inside the mansion.

"Hello"Y/N stretches her arms, Melody smiles and follows Y/N into the kitchen. "Let's seeee"She opens the fridge and closes it just as fast. "You guys have any snacks?"Melody thought for a second before opening a drawer and taking out crackers.

"That's all we have"Y/N bites on the inside of her cheek, she turns around and speed walks out and upstairs.

She walks inside Kurapika's study, approaches her desk and grabs a hold of her purse as Kurapika looks at her.

"It's not the end of your shift"He says while writing.

"I know, am going for a little trip"Kurapika starts getting confused but ignores it and lets her do her business.

Y/N once again goes downstairs and sees Melody waiting.

"Go take some work off the boss and leave it on my desk k?"Y/N says as she grabs her keys from her purse.

"Um where are you go-"Y/N shuts the door and leaves.

She walks to her car and pulls out her GPS for the nearest grocery.

-

What to get? What to get?

Y/N ponders as she pushes the cart, after a few seconds she gave up on thinking and throws in everything she can.

Eggs, vegetables, fruits, milk, cheese, bread, different types of meat, basically she bought out the whole store.

When she kept thinking back to that kitchen she kept twitching in fear and disgust.

She showed up at the till with 6 charts. The cashier looked at the charts then back at the unbothered Y/N.

"Problem?"

-

Y/N's car pulled in front of the mansion and followed 3 more cars.

Y/N opens the doors as the workers from the grocery store storm in and run towards the kitchen that Y/N told them the directions to.

"It's a break in!"Basho yelled getting ready to activate his nen, Melody and Kurapika sprint out of their rooms and towards the railing to see the situation.

A show of confusion was plastered onto their faces as they see Y/N standing at the door letting the doors open to workers with a bunch of bags.

"What's going on?"Kurapika's voice boomed.

"Exactly what it looks like"Y/N answered, the workers were finally done, they walk back into their cars and drive off.

"What did you do?"Kurapika facepalmed.

"Nothing bad, don't worry yourself about it"Y/N walked into the kitchen with a grin, Kurapika sighed and followed downstairs after her.

As soon as Kurapika entered the kitchen he was lost for words, the amount of bags that were laying on the ground was unbelievable.

"Why did you buy all this stuff?"

"Why else would I? When I come here to look for food I find rotten food and nothing else" Kurapika rubbed his temples.

"L/N you didn't even ask for permission"

"Don't worry, you just get back to work princess"

"What?"

"Those papers aren't going to fill themselves out"Y/N pushed Kurapika out of the kitchen, she locked the door so no one can disturb her and got to work.

Alongside food, she brought a lot more stuff, better utensils, kitchen tools, and oven mittens. Instead of plastic cups she brought glass cups, bowls, hand towels, soap, disinfectant, cleaning products, spices and other seasonings.

Y/N was determined to make this place look beautiful, although she's always lazy to do it in her own house.