⛓Chapter 39⛓

Y/N ended up staying the night, she didn't have her car so leaving wasn't an option.

She was downstairs snacking and catching up with Melody while Kurapika was upstairs sleeping, she convinced him to sleep after the 10th attempt.

"So you're still going to work here?"Melody asked as Y/N nodded. "We have new staff now"

"I'll have to introduce myself then...so any cute guys around?"Melody almost choked on her food. "You have someone you like~ who is it?"

"I-I don't like anyone!"Melody said as she turned around, Y/N placed her packet of crisps on the table and put her hands on Melody's shoulders.

"Come on tell me"

"I don't have anyone I like Y/N, you're reading me wrong"Y/N smirked as she leaned into Melody's ear.

"I'll find out"A shiver ran down Melody's spine.

"How?"

"That's a secret"Y/N lightly hit Melody's shoulders "Anyway, it's time for bed, it's getting late"Melody aggress without hesitation, wanting to get away from Y/N's cunning ways.

Melody waved goodbye as she entered her room, Y/N started walking towards her room but stopped when she heard weird noises from Kurapika's room.

Is he masturbating?!...no wait...oh shit he's crying!

Y/N quickly opened the door and turned on the light to see Kurapika wiping away his tears, she closed the door and hurried over to him.

"What happened?!"Kurapika shook his head.

"Nothing"Y/N brings him into an embrace.

"I won't force you to tell me but if you do, I won't judge"Kurapika wrapped his arms around her. "It might make you feel better to get it all out"She said in a smaller voice, Kurapika let out a shaky breath.

"Remember how I told you about my clan?"Y/N nods as she rubbed his back. "I often get nightmares about the slaughter and their voices calling out to me for help"

Kurapika continued to explain the horrors of his childhood.

Because of all the chaos that's been going on with Y/N's disappearance and the mafia, Kurapika hasn't been so hyper-focused on the Phantom Troupe as he used to be. But after he was eye to eye with 3 of its members, it all started to come back.

All the trauma and sadness he's been pushing back came rushing back in one big dream.

He let out a small sob as he pulled her closer to him so their bodies were touching, trying to find the comfort he so desperately craved, Y/N blushed.

NO! THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO BLUSH! STUPID BODY!

"It's completely my fault! They shouldn't have gone through all that torture..if I wasn't a stupid idiot then they wouldn't have gotten discovered and they wouldn't have had to die so early"

"You were a child, you didn't know that would happen. It's not your fault, you're not the person who murdered them"She said softly. "I obviously never knew your family but I would guess that they wouldn't want you to be blaming yourself"

They sat in silence as Y/N continued to comfort Kurapika the best she could, she ran her hands through his hair and whispered little messages of comfort to calm him down.

"Thank you"He pulled away from her and sniffled, Y/N smiled and wiped away a tear from his eye.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll try my best to help you with finding their eyes and tracking down the other troupe members"

"No, I would be asking too much"

"No you wouldn't, look at it as a deal, you made me happy so I'll make you happy"Kurapika looked at her in confusion.

"How did I make you happy? I recall our interactions being very spiteful and you not liking working here"

"It was annoying at first but being around you, started to make me feel giddy and happy on the inside"Kurapika blushed as Y/N snickered. "Are you blushing?"She teased as he looked away.

"No"Y/N patted his head.

"But still you're one of the people that bring me joy so it's not asking for too much to help you heal your trauma and help you become at peace with yourself"

Kurapika's heart started to pound faster, a fizzy feeling spread throughout his body as he watched her smile and say those words.

"Y-You're weird"He said as she giggled and pulled him in for a hug.

"I'll be here with you every step of the way, Kurapika"She repeated the words he told her that night.

Butterflies attacked each other in his stomach while he tried to identify the feeling he was having, he hugged back as the butterflies increased.

What's going on?