⛓Chapter 47⛓

Kurapika hastily ran out his room, he jogged over to the railings to see Haru waiting at the doors of the mansion for Y/N, he was being interrogated by Basho and Melody while sweating profusely.

Where is she?

Kurapika thought, the first place he guessed was his room. He opened the door to see Y/N in the reflection of the mirror with a perfume bottle in her hand.

Alerted by the noise, she turns her head to look at her intruder.

"Blondie?"She said as she pressed her finger on the button, the perfume exploded out the nozzle and attacked the left side of her neck. "What's wrong?"

Kurapika's eyes moved towards the bottle in her hand. The smell of her perfume travelled to his side of the room, he immediately recognised the scent he grew to crave a few months back.

"You... can't leave yet"Kurapika sucked in a breath.

"What? What do you mean?"Y/N continued to spray the perfume on the right side of her neck, she then lowered the bottle and sprayed her body. "I don't have any work to tend to as far as am concerned"

Come up with something!

Kurapika pleaded to himself, he went back and forth trying to come up with a suitable excuse but the sweet smell of her perfume intoxicated his head, leaving him distracted.

"We have to go over the mission one more time for tonight, Melody said she'd like to add a few suggestions"

That should do it

It wasn't like he was lying, Melody really did want to add some insight to the mission and there was supposed to be a scheduled meeting for it. He just rescheduled it.

Y/N sprayed the perfume on her right wrist, she put the bottle on the vanity and rubbed her other wrist against it.

"Okay, I'll tell Haru-kun to wait for a while"Y/N looked at Kurapika questioningly, piecing her eyes into his soul.

She felt like something was off, the way he entered, the way his lips trembled when he told his excuse, it didn't add up. Why would Kurapika look so hesitant when coming in to tell her about a meeting? His mini trance made her even more curious, what was he up to?

"Blondie"She pulled him out of his trance as she turned her body towards him. "Why do you seem off?"Kurapika held a stern expression.

"What do you mean?"

"You hesitated"

How was he going to make himself seem innocent?

"I was a bit dazed before I came here"Kurapika dropped his hand from the door handle.

Hmmm

Y/N squinted her eyes, she wasn't sure if he was dazed by his clan or by his drowsiness, but he should have had a full nights rest so that couldn't be it.

I'll figure it out later

"Ok then, let's go"She walked past him, Kurapika let out a sigh, he shouted for Melody, Basho and Todo and went into his study.

-

Y/N sat at her desk with her legs on the table and her arms crossed, she listened as Kurapika and Melody went over the plan again.

"Just in case we can-"Y/N tuned out Melody and Kurapika's conversation.

It was boring her, she knew her part of the plan so there was almost no reason for her to be there. Sure, it'll be good to know the whole plan just in case she has to meet up with them but she doubted that.