⛓Chapter 10⛓

Kurapika chugs down another cup of coffee, he stops and takes a second to breathe, his eyes travel up to the window in front of him, the rising sun was smiling at him.

It was almost like the sun grew a pair of eyes and a mouth.

"Kurapika, Kurapika, how about a little nap?"The sun spoke making Kurapika widen his eyes in astonishment, he shakes his head and looks back to see the sun was faceless.

Kurapika sloughed into his seat and huffed.

Another hallucination

He thought, his eyes shifting towards the clock, he looked down at himself and thought to freshen up but his laptop kept screaming at him to finish his work.

Kurapika sat up straight as his fingers gravitated towards the keyboard, just as he was about to continue his work Melody busted in with a phone in her hand.

With one hand holding the phone and the other covering it so sound wouldn't go through as she spoke to Kurapika.

"Kurapika!"Melody whisper-yells with a panic in her voice.

"What's wrong?"Kurapika moved his body to face Melody.

"It's Ten Dons! The leader of the Mafia Community"Melody said as Kurapika motioned for her to hand him the phone.

Kurapika takes over the call.

"Am I speaking to Kurapika?"

"Indeed"

"There's going to be a meeting in 2 weeks for the whole of the mafia and I wanted to invite you"

"....okay, am I obligated to go?"

"You do have a choice..come or lose customers"

"Alright then, is there anything else I need to know?"

"Bring a plus one, the more the better and make sure it's a.. pretty woman"

"Can't I just bring a friend?"

"Of course my friend! But your friend then has to bring another woman with him, do I now make myself clear?"

"..yes sir"Ten hangs up.

"How'd it go?"Melody says fiddling with her dress.

"There's a meeting in 2 weeks and they want me to bring a plus one"Kurapika moved the phone towards Melody.

"Okay, so where is this place? Maybe Leorio could go instead of me"Kurapika shook his head as Melody took hold of her phone.

"Unfortunately I need a female plus one, and if I bring Leorio he has to bring one too"Melody nodded in understanding.

"Am guessing it has to be an attractive one"Melody smiled as she had already thought of the perfect person for the job.

Kurapika shamelessly nods.

Melody tells Kurapika that he shouldn't feel guilty and skedaddles off, she goes downstairs and runs to Basho.

"Whoa! Why are you running for?"Basho says playing with his hair in the reflection of the window.

"Kurapika needs a plus one for a meeting with Ten Dons!"She says with excitement, this still didn't make sense to Basho, why is she excited about that?

"So?"

"What do you mean so?! If we get Leorio-san to be his plus one then they both can bring 2 girls, meaning Y/N can spend some alone time with Leorio-san"Basho narrows his eyebrows and turns his body towards Melody.

"Hell no! I called dibs first!"Basho dramatically flares his arms in anger.

"You can't call dibs on a person"Melody says in monotone.

"But still! I had her first! We even started to get a connection"Melody raises her eyebrow at him.

"She had more connection with Leorio-san than you"

"She's just playing hard to get!"Melody rolls her eyes and gets her phone out, she finds Y/N's contact "Now what should I come up with?"Melody taps her chin.

"She's coming here?"

"I need to make something up so I can tell her in person"

"Tell her Kurapika wants to discuss something"Melody grins.

"Finally, you put your mind to good use!"Melody pats him on the back.

"Hey!"Basho exclaims.

"Now to text Leorio-san...I'll say I have a surprise"