Chapter (49): A Friendly Date

Börja om från början

They all stood up and shook hands with each other and Wren escorted the two gentlemen outside the hotel and sighed once they left her sight.

Eleanor came from behind her, feeling exhausted as well while Georgina went to the restaurant, ordering three cups of coffee for all of them.

"That was intense." said Wren.

"I know. They're too stubborn. They never like anything. I'm glad they agreed to meet again some other time."

"Which is tomorrow."

Wren ran a hand across her face, walking back inside with Eleanor to the hotel reception and sat on the armchairs across from each other.

"I wish if I could go home, it's been two days already and I miss Madeline, but I can't leave you alone with them, they're so annoying. The crisis is bigger than I thought and it will take us longer than we expected."

Georgina came back and sat on the chair beside Wren, looking down at the notes.

"Did I do something wrong back there? It's just they were so upset and angry." said Georgina, looking back and forth between them.

"No, you didn't." said Eleanor. "You saved us from today and hopefully tomorrow we can find the solution when we think clearly without being stressed. So, we have to work hard tonight so that we all could go home relieved that we accomplished something at least."

Wren nodded in agreement and took a sip from her coffee. "How is dad?"

"He's fine. He was a little upset because our vacation got interrupted with the meeting and everything but he was understanding about it though."

Wren smiled for the first time today. "Yep, that's my dad. He knows when it's the time to work."

Eleanor chuckled. "True."

"Anyway, I'm gonna head upstairs and start working. If you find something. Anything, tell me." she said to Georgina who nodded in return. "Later."

......................................................

Madeline walked inside a café, looking around for Nate and she spotted him sitting beside the window with the phone in his hand, typing something.

She smiled as she walked over to the table and he raised his eyes from the phone and automatically smiled when he locked eyes with her. He stood up and opened his arm for a side hug with Madeline which she greeted.

"I'm so glad you came. You have no idea how much I wanted to see you and catch up with you, Madeline." said Nate.

"Me too. There are so many things I wanna talk to you about."

She smiled and the waitress came, taking their orders.

"So..." She started. "When did you officially became a lawyer, mister?"

He chuckled softly. "Hmm, I think two years ago, maybe."

"Maybe?"

"I really don't remember. Time moves really fast! I mean look at you, Madeline. You're more gorgeous more than the last time I saw you and you're engaged!"

"You changed a bit as well. You let your hair grow a little, your style of clothes is different. You wear suits now. Who would've thought that you would someday wear suits with ties?"

He laughed lightly with her. "Yeah, right. I was all about casual. I hate suits, but my job needs one. I have to look professional and decent in front of the judge and the jury. First impressions matters."

The waitress came back with their drinks and after she left, Nate stared at Madeline as she lifted up her cup and blow lightly at the dark coffee.

"You're engaged to Wren Clermont." he said softly and she smiled.