CHAPTER 32:

WINTER'S POV:

"Ok, medyo nahirapan pa kayo. Let's do some drill that can help you build the muscle on your legs para maging madali ito, a little bit faster and a little bit sharper." kaya tumango naman sila.

"Wow! Nahihirapan ako pero nagawa ko parin naman." sabi ni Alexis.

"I-try ko nga sayo Lexis, sabihin mo lang kong masakit ba o hindi." sabi ni Samantha.

"Gago kang babae ka, eh kung ikaw kaya ang sipain ko diyan." sabi ni Alexis kaya natawa na lang ako sa kanila dahil sa totoo lang, madali lang naman silang matuto.

"Tama na yan, let's do some drill na magpapadali sa Multiple kicks niyo. The first drill is pretty easy. All you have to do is get up in your fighting stance, make sure that your base leg is turned all the way. Bring your knee up and you're just gonna hold your foot with your knee up high just like for 30 seconds. The whole time make sure you're holding up to the wall, dahil wala namang wall dito except doon sa gate na yun, doon na lang tayo sa puno na yun so you don't have to worry about balance because we just want to work on building the muscle in this leg so that it can have the strength to put out all those kicks."

"You're gonna do this for 30 seconds, you can do up to three sets with both legs, do as much as you can take. If 30 seconds seems way to long and your legs is just burning and it's dropping, maybe do 20 seconds and just try and keep up there as long as you can. You always want to strive for quality over quantity."

"If you're finding that this gets a little bit easy what you can do is bring your leg up here and you can start to leave the wall for a second. So just touch, leave, touch, leave, that way you can start putting your balance into play as well. But if you find yourself starting to struggle, go ahead and touch the wall so you can regain your balance and when your ready let go of it and keep your knee up." pagkasabi ko non ay agad naman nila itong ginawa. Nagtutulakan pa nga sila eh kaya ayun natumba.

"A-aray! Ikaw kasi eh!" sigaw ni Samantha.

"Anong ako? Ikaw kaya tong unang tumulak sakin!" sigaw rin ni Alexis.

"Tama na nga yan, tumayo na kayo dahil may kasunod pa." kaya tumayo naman agad sila.

"The next drill is gonna complement the first drill. Before we we're just holding our knee up like this so that your leg gets the strength to hold it up. This time you're actually gonna extend your kick out and hold that for twenty to thirty seconds as long as you can, three sets on each leg and just hold it because now you're getting the power to actually keep it out there because you're gonna be doing a lot of these kicks so you want your leg muscle to have all the muscle to hold it out there."

"And the third drill might be the hardest one, this is the one where were gonna practice those kicks in and out in and out, but we're gonna do them slow motion once again to build that muscle that's gonna help your leg get the strength. So once again holding onto the wall, bring your knee up. We're gonna kick out slow motion, hold it out, pull it back in slow motion."

"This might feel easy at first but the more reps that you do, your legs are gonna start getting a little bit tired and that's when it starts really building the muscle. Try and do 10 to 20 of these slow motion, so you can start building up the muscle that you want to be able to do these kicks."

"Ok, the next drill is focused on helping your body learn how to stabilize itself because you're gonna be standing on one leg and the other leg is gonna be doing a lot of movement so the first thing that you should try and grab is something to destabilize you and that something- well you can use anything you want. You just want something that's not flat ground to make this a little bit more challenging. Go ahead and put it on the floor, put your foot up on top of it and hand against the wall you're gonna do those some drills but now it's gonna be a little bit harder because you're ground is a little bit unstable so you're gonna have to either hold, or hold a kick, or do those slow motion kicks. If you want you can even practice your fast motion kicks trying to keep this leg balance the whole time."