nightmare on elm street 3 ~ everyone is gay

A/N : Basically just a story based on all my queer headcanons for the dream warriors (Bi!Kristen, MLM!Kincaid, FTM!Phillip, Aroace!Will, Lesbian!Taryn, Alloaro!Joey, and Asexual!Jennifer). Also includes Tourettic!Taryn and (these other two aren't focused on but are still there) Autistic!Will and Autistic!Joey. So if you don't like headcanons, this is not gonna be a fun time for you. TW for period-typical lack of understanding around queer issues, as well as some aphobia.

See, as much as the doctors liked to front like the hospital time was all spent on treatment, that simply wasn't true. It was still a big part of it, of course. They still had their group therapy (if one could even call it that) daily and they all had a schedule they had to follow pretty tediously, but they also had a lot of free time to themselves. Free time that was usually spent all together in the TV room.

While Kristen was newer than the others, they still all knew each other pretty well. They'd each labeled each other in their heads, and they all were very comfortable around one another, even if they argued a fair bit (especially Taryn and Kincaid. Those two fought a lot). It was nice, having each other. They all had the same nightmare with the same guy, so even if they wouldn't normally find a bond within one another, that much had brought them into a sort of unlikely friend group.

----------

"What was Simms goin' on about earlier?" Kincaid asked while he absentmindedly threw a ball at the ground, bouncing it between himself and the wall endlessly. It was a rhetorical question, and they all knew it. See, Dr. Simms loved to go on these tangents about how all their problems were caused by guilt over their sexuality, and she always made a point to look at Kincaid while she went on about it. Everyone knew he was gay, and the others didn't care. That didn't stop her from blaming that for his issues, though.

"She doesn't like that you like boys the way that other boys like girls" Will responded with a shrug. Kincaid rolled his eyes. "No shit, four-eyes" he replied, annoyed at him. Max peaked his head in through the door to make sure a fight wasn't starting then quickly left the group alone when he saw that everything was chill. "I know the reason" he continued. "I just don't get why it's just me. Like why not come after Taryn or some shit?"

"What about me now?" Taryn asked, her hand jolting forward to flip him off. It was a tic, they all knew it was a tic, but that didn't stop it from making Kincaid more annoyed. "Oh, you fuckin' know, don't play that shit" he replied sharply, gesturing vaguely towards the blonde curled up against her. Kristen just chuckled, because she really couldn't care less about what the others thought of her and Taryn's relationship. They made each other happy, so what?

"Oh- Dancing!- Right, yeah" Taryn laughed it off. Kincaid scowled. "What?" she asked him mockingly. "Pissed because Simms won't- Fuck!- share her bullshit evenly among everyone? That's kind of lame, dude"

"Will you all calm down?" Jennifer spoke up, though her voice was still kind of soft. Kincaid nearly laughed at that. "Jennifer, you're a complete prude" he replied flatly. "You got no place in a conversation about sexuality. And neither do you, Will"

"I don't want to be involved" Will replied with an awkward smile. "Joey, you wanna come help me with my character sheets?" he asked, turning his head to the mute, who nodded with a smile and walked over. He also did not want to be involved, because lord knows what comments could be made about him. Uninterested in romance but still wanting sex? What kind of sorcery, right? Kincaid rolled his eyes at the interaction but said nothing. That seemed to be the last straw for Phillip, who decided to speak up then.

"Kincaid, you don't have to be such a dick" he said bluntly, catching everyone else off guard. He could be a little sharp, sure, but he hardly ever got involved in Taryn and Kincaid's arguments like that. "Simms is shitty. We all know this. Just because she's particularly rude to you doesn't mean you have to lash out. Besides, she's probably worse to me anyway..."

"Oh, right" Kincaid said, remembering something. "You're like... A chick, right?"

"Well, not really"

"Yeah, no, I know" Kincaid assured him. "But, like, you're body is... Right?"

"Yup"

...

"Phillip, you're a genius" Kristen mumbled out tiredly as she leaned against Taryn, who stroked her back in such a way that she could rest without actually falling asleep. None of them wanted to deal with a nightmare situation at that moment, so it was important that the blonde didn't actually go to sleep. She still needed the rest though. "Diffusing a conversation like that"

"What can I say?" Phillip responded with a smug smile. "I confuse people"

"You don't confuse me, Phillip!" Will chimed in. He'd always been the most understanding of Phillip's whole gender thing. Well, him and Joey, but Joey couldn't exactly speak up for himself in the situation, so he just nodded along.

"That's why you're my favorite, wizard boy"

An eruption of offended noises came from the others.