life is strange bts ~ anxiety attack (hurt/comfort) ~ rachel/chloe ✨

A/N : Takes place vaguely after the story of Before The Storm but Rachel disappears. Also I wrote them as like... A healthy relationship because there are way too many fics that paint Rachel as a shitty girlfriend when that just really isn't the case. Tw for mentions of David being an abusive fuck

Chloe and Rachel had grown very close and found themselves leaning on each other in times of need. They both had a fuck load of issues, but those issues were slightly more tolerable when bore in one another's company.

Rachel was at the tail end of a rehearsal for the Blackwell Academy's spring musical, just sitting on a couch backstage. She'd already gone through all the scenes she was on call for that day and was just waiting for it to end.

Suddenly, her phone began to ring and she quickly dashed out the side door so she could answer it without distracting her fellow actors. Once outside, she looked down to see who was calling. It was Chloe.

"Chloe?" she asked after answering. "I'm at rehearsal. What's up?"

"Oh" Chloe replied with a shaky exhale that made the actress begin to worry a bit. "S- Sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt" the short haired girl apologized. "I- I'm sorry. I should leave you to it"

"It's no issue" Rachel reassured her. "I already ran through my scenes, so I'm free to do whatever" she explained. "Are you alright? You sound really freaked out"

"I'm uh..." Chloe trailed off, taking a deep breath to prevent herself from completely spiralling. "David was being David and he was... Well, you know how he is, a- and I let my nerves get out of hand- Or- How do I explain- I'm on the verge of having an anxiety attack"

"Okay. That's okay" Rachel replied softly, walking out through the side gate and into the student parking lot to find her car. "Where are you right now? I'm gonna come to you"

"The j- The junkyard"

"Okay" Rachel replied, starting her car. "I'll see you in a few minutes. Just try to stay calm. I love you"

----------

Rachel pulled up to the junkyard, parked right outside the entrance, and walked in.

It wasn't hard to spot Chloe's truck parked inside the lot and the anxious girl sitting inside of it. Rachel frowned as she walked over to the passenger door and knocked on the window. Chloe flinched at the sudden noise but relaxed a tiny bit once she saw who it was and promptly unlocked the door.

Rachel smiled sympathetically and entered the car, sitting close enough to where Chloe could initiate physical touch but far enough as to not make her feel trapped. She ended up taking the former route and leaned against her girlfriend.

"Hey" Rachel said gently, wrapping a cautious arm around the shaking girl and running a hand through the blue streak in her hair. "I'm here. It's okay"

"I'm really sorry" Chloe said, her voice tense and exhausted as she curled up against the long haired girl more. "You don't need to keep apologizing" Rachel replied softly. "It's okay, really. You'd do the same for me, and I was done rehearsing my scenes anyway. Hell, even if I wasn't, the show isn't for another month and I already have my shit memorized. You did nothing wrong, okay?"

"I- I just-"

"I need you to focus on your breathing, Chloe" she coaxed gently. "You've gotten yourself all worked up. I know everything feels like too much right now, but it's okay. You're okay. I'm here, and I don't plan on dying any time soon"

Chloe just nodded in response, trying to focus on her breathing and the steady beat of her girlfriend's heart.

----------

She wasn't sure how long it had been by the time she finally calmed down, but she saw the sun lowering towards the horizon line and slowly pulled away from Rachel.

"Feeling better?" the actress gently asked her with a small smile on her face. "Yeah" Chloe replied with a nod and a deep exhale. "Thanks for uh..." She swallowed. "Thanks for coming out here to help my dumbass"

"You've done the same for me more times than I can count" Rachel replied, reaching over a hand that Chloe slowly accepted into her own. "It's just us against the world, right?" A nod. "One day, we'll burn this shitty town to the ground"

"Oh, really?" Chloe asked with an amused chuckle. "That's your dream?"

"It's a promise"