percy jackson ~ missing him (hurt no comfort) ~ percy & calypso

A/N : Takes place in book 4 after Percy leaves the island in chapter 12

Calypso watched with teary eyes as Percy sailed away on the small log boat. The Fates really were cruel, always sending her heroes who had to leave her. She also felt a small pit of guilt in her stomach over the fact that she had actually told him the offer. She had grew to know him well enough where... She knew that would bother him. A huge "what if" over the person he couldn't save despite how easy it would've been.

"I miss him already" she muttered out to the invisible servants around her- The only people with any permanence. They had no voices and she couldn't really interact with them, but loneliness has a way of making you attached to anything that could be considered a person. Even those she couldn't actually see. "And now I'll never see him again. Because the Fates are really just that cruel"

She thought over what Percy had told her. How she didn't deserve this punishment, despite standing with the Titans in the past. A part of her knew that he was probably right, but it didn't really matter either way. Torturing over herself over the fact that she didn't deserve to be there but was there anyway would not be a good path to go down. She knew that. Still, she couldn't help but dwell on it.

"The Fates are cruel" she said again, walking over into the cave and sitting on the bed, which still had a small indent in it from where Percy had been. "The Gods are cruel for putting me here. Maybe the whole world is just cruel. No gardens in Manhattan..." she sighed.

"I think I hate it here"