the shookething ~ manipulation ~ mitchell/neo

A/N : AU where these two survive

Mitchell had arrived home to his cabin to find Neo on the floor in a puddle of his own blood, a black liquid with the same consistency as human blood, but very decidedly synthetic. Sure, Neo had been the only of the two clones to turn out okay, but there were still weird quirks about him. Things that made him distinctly different from Milo, like the black markings on his face. His blood was one of those things, but it didn't make it any less of a disturbing sight to walk in on.

"What happened?" Mitchell asked tensely as he quickly ran to the clone's aid, grabbing a roll of duct tape off of the picnic table, lifting the back of Neo's shirt, and placing a strip of the tape over the wound to stem the bleeding. "Ms. Hall- The living one- Came up behind me and literally stabbed me in the back" the creature told him, taking a deep breath as he felt the sudden tightness around his cut. "Right when I was getting somewhere with Milo, too"

"Wait, what do you mean?" Mitchell asked as he helped his creation up and off the ground. "Well, he's kinda like my brother when you think about it" Neo replied with a smile as he remembered what Milo had told him. We care about you he'd said. Had he meant it? I mean, clearly it hadn't been 100% true since Erin made an attempt on his life and Milo made no move to stop it, but he also felt something so real- So raw about what Milo had said. It was hard to buy that it had been completely fabricated. "And, you know... He seemed to give a shit about me"

"But he let his friend hurt you" Mitchell countered. Neo turned away from his gaze as he sighed. "Look, Neo" he started, putting a tentative hand on the clone's shoulder. "I just don't want you to come up with all these wild ideas about what could've been, cause that'll only end up hurting you" he continued. "No one but me understands you. They'll never understand you. But I know you because I created you, even if I sometimes question the morality of that action"

"Do you love me, Mitchell?"

...

"Let's get you to bed, Neo"