sky's crafting dead ~ it's so good to see you (fluff) ~ sky/barney

A/N : Takes place post-episode 1. Also the title says "Sky's Crafting Dead" because there are a lot of different Crafting Dead series online and I'm specifically writing about SkyDoesMinecraft's series

Everyone was exhausted after the excitement of the evening.

Jess had been kind enough to take the first shift of guarding, allowing Sky and Barney to have some alone time. She was also very tired but she could clearly see that Sky and Barney were close and she wanted them to have some peace after their time separated, even if it was only a few hours.

Sky and Barney sat down on the concrete of the small bunker that resided under the cabin. The place was full of cobwebs and it wasn't particularly comfortable, but they made do. "It's so good to see you, man" Sky said for what felt like the 100th time. "You too" Barney replied with a small chuckle.

They fell into a momentary yet comfortable silence, just allowing themselves to calm down from the latest zombie attack, listening carefully for any activity coming from the surface.

"I thought I'd never see you again" Barney broke the silence, his voice more sad than Sky typically heard. "Right back at ya" Sky replied with a sad chuckle. "Two weeks separated from you. It felt like years"

Barney scooted next to Sky and leaned against him. Sky wrapped an arm around the reptilian and rested his own head atop Barney's. Moments of peace were rare in this tattered world, but this was one of them. Sure, they were uncomfortable as fuck on the concrete and it wouldn't be long before Barney and Jess had to switch out guard shifts but, in that moment, none of it mattered.

"I love you, Goat" Barney said gently. "And I'm glad you're back"

"Yeah" Sky replied with a soft smile. "I love you too, man"