euphoria ~ breakdown (hurt/comfort) ~ rue/jules

A/N : Takes place post episode 1x04. Also I didn't realize this until now but in my head, Jules has a slight stutter, so you will see that represented here

Jules kissed Rue this time, and it eased the girl's mind a fair bit. Because, even though Jules had kindly agreed to not talk about it during the carnival, a small part of Rue's mind was still panicked at the thought that she had irreversibly fucked up. That kissing Jules had ruined whatever friendship they had, and that things would never quite be the same. But, by Jules kissing her back, essentially saying "I want you too", well... It meant a lot.

"I love you" Rue said quietly once they parted. "I love you too" Jules replied with a small, tired smile. It was genuine in the sense that her smile was full of love, but Rue could tell that she was still trying to cover up the emotions arisen from whatever had gone down with "Tyler"

"What happened with Tyler?" Rue asked her, straightforward and to-the-point while still gentle and cautious. It was a careful balance that she was almost never able to keep, but something about Jules' presence made that tightrope walk a little bit easier. "Because I know it's not as simple as just him looking different than his picture" she continued, and Jules looked away at that. "I know you, Jules. And I know that something is up"

"I can't talk abou- About it, Rue" Jules replied, almost too quickly. Rue raised an eyebrow, though she wasn't judging. She was more just confused. Jules wasn't really one to hide things- Not from her, at least. It was clear that something was up, if it scared the other girl into silence. Rue looked down to see that the blonde's hands were shaking, just thinking about it.

"Hey, it's okay" Rue said soothingly, placing a cautious hand on Jules' cheek in a comforting gesture. Jules seemed to calm down a little bit at the touch, even leaning into it a bit. Rue sometimes wondered if the girl was touch starved. It wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world- So far as she could tell, the only other touch that the blonde got outside of their interactions was the rough intercourse she'd get from those older men. Not ideal.

"You don't have to tell me" Rue continued with a reassuring smile. Jules let out a shaky breath and nodded, trying to keep her anxieties at bay. Rue knew the feeling all too well, so she did what Jules would do whenever she got too nervous and wrapped an arm around her. Jules silently leaned into her, mumbling out nothing but a small apology as she began to cry- How could she ever trust another man after that?

...Maybe she didn't need to

"It's okay" Rue assured her, rubbing small and comforting circles on her back. "You're okay. At least now you know, yeah? I love you"

"...I love y-you too, Rue"