q-force ~ tic attack (hurt/comfort) ~ stat & twink ✨

A/N : Stat has my tics because projection. Takes place post season 1. They/them pronouns for Stat. Also keep in mind that the way this is written is just based off of how I prefer people to help me out when I'm ticcing a lot, but this doesn't apply to everyone so I wouldn't recommend using this as research to help out anyone you may meet with tics

The Q-Force hadn't really gotten any missions since the disaster that was the wedding, and they were okay with that. Lord knows that they all needed a break after how eventful their last few months had been.

Steve was slowly fixing things with Benji, Deb and Pam were finally getting to just talk, Buck was processing his newfound trauma and his feelings towards Twink (who was being a supportive husband the whole way through), V was reconnecting with Caryn, and Stat was finally given the space to properly process Jacqueline's death. They all needed the free time.

It was a week post wedding when Twink began to notice that Stat was staying at the office more than usual. It wasn't like it was uncommon for them to stay at the office overnight or anything, but Twink wasn't even sure if they'd been into their apartment all week.

"Stat, do you mind enlightening me on why you haven't left the office for a week?" he asked once everyone else had left. Stat's head jerked, but Twink paid that no mind. Everyone in the Q-Force was aware of their tics and no one ever ridiculed them for it- Not even Buck. It was just one of those things. Plus, they only had motor tics and only small vocal ones on occasion, so it's not like it was ever particularly distracting.

"I don't want to go into my apartment" the hacker replied flatly as they typed code into their laptop. Their neck jerked a few more times and their hand also shot up as though to block a hit, but they did their best to ignore it.

"Why not?" Twink asked, genuinely curious. "Because the last time I was there was when Jacqueline was still alive" Stat responded, ticcing a few times as they did so. Twink frowned. Exist around someone for ten years, and you really grow accustomed to when something was out of the ordinary.

Stat was ticcing a lot more than usual.

"Are you okay?" Twink asked as the hacker's arm involuntarily shot up a few more times. "Yeah, sorry" Stat apologized as their head jerked. "I'm just tic-" they paused as their eyes shot to the left, followed by another head jerk. "I'm ticcing a lot right now cause I haven't slept in a while"

"Can I help?" Twink asked quietly, sitting next to them on the couch as they ticced a few more times. This wasn't the first time he had witnessed one of their attacks, but it had been a while and he didn't entirely recall what to do. Stat nodded in confirmation, which set off a handful of tics.

"Yeah, uh..." They blinked forcefully and made a small, involuntary throat noise. "Just wrap an arm around me and hold my right hand in place so I don't hit anything" they told him as their right hand promptly punched their knee.

Twink nodded in agreement before gently doing as instructed. He felt the hacker tense up and tic a few times in his hold, but he didn't mind. He never did.

They had a particularly annoying fit of shoulder shrugging and gave a sharp exhale as those finally stopped. "Are you holding up okay?" the drag queen asked them. "This is exhausting" they replied, sounding a bit miserable as their head jerked once again. Twink gave a sympathetic sigh. "Sorry to hear that, hun" he said softly, keeping their hand in place to prevent it from slamming into the laptop. "This does not seem fun"

"It's not" Stat confirmed, followed by another throat noise. "However, it seems to finally be dying down, so thank fuck for that"

"Such scandalous language!" Twink said in mock exasperation. "What would your robot girlfriend say if she was still here?"

"She can kiss my ass"

"Oh, I'm sure"

"Why do I put up with you again?"

"Cause I'm hot as fuck"

"Whatever, fairy"