city of blank ~ goodnight (fluff) ~ rex/desmond

A/N : Takes place post episode 38

Rex needed a few minutes to process everything before he went back inside, but he eventually said his goodbyes to Roof Blank and left.

By the time he got back, Lyss was already asleep in her room. Desmond was still awake, making himself a sandwich in the kitchen. "Oi" Rex said, loud enough to get his attention but quiet enough as to not bother Lyss.

"What is it, Rex?" Desmond replied, though his tone lacked the usual annoyance that he held when it came to the half-blank. "I see you're makin' a sandwich" Rex asked with a mischievous little smile, taking his mask off. "Yeah, and what of it?" Desmond replied, although he had a feeling he knew where this was going.

"Can you make one for me as well?" Rex asked, a hopeful look in his eyes. Desmond sighed. "Fucking freeloader" he mumbled, pulling out a second plate and more bread. "You're the best, Des" Rex said as he went over to sit on the couch, putting his mask back on. "Never call me that again" Desmond called back.

Soon enough, the sandwiches were made and Desmond walked into the living room holding both plates. Rex shifted out of his laying position, allowing Desmond to sit next to him on the couch. The both pulled their masks a little, allowing them to eat, and Rex flipped on the television to a random horror movie, turning the volume down to avoid waking Lyss.

"Oi. You're a good sandwich maker" Rex said quietly as he chewed on the turkey sandwich. "A 'thank you' would be appreciated" Desmond groaned in response. "Thank you" Rex said with a small smile that Desmond couldn't help but return.

"Oi. We're gonna be blank hunters" Rex mumbled to himself as he finished off his sandwich, actually taking the initiative to take he and Desmond's empty plates to the sink. Desmond knew that he would still probably have to wash them the next day, but he still appreciated this small gesture from Rex.

"We sure are" Desmond replied as Rex got back. "Lyss seemed absolutely thrilled about it too" he added, causing Rex to chuckle. "She can be a bit scary, oi?" Desmond nodded in agreement and the two fell into a comfortable silence, occasionally shit talking the poorly put together horror movie that played on the television.

Eventually, Rex began to grow tired and leaned against Desmond. The veteran flinched slightly at the sudden contact but soon relaxed, seeing that the half blank fell asleep. "Huh" he mumbled to himself. I don't hate this

"Goodnight, Rex" he said with a small smile. "G... Goodnight" Rex mumbled groggily in response.

All was peaceful for the time being.