inside job ~ tic attack (hurt/comfort) ~ andre/myc

A/N : Takes place during episode 1x06 because I had a tic attack earlier and me learning of Dr. Andre's (albeit poorly represented) Tourette's is a perfect excuse to write something like this. I don't deal with coprolalia (thank Satan for that), but Andre clearly does (since the only tics we see are curses) so I wrote him as such

Sober Andre was not nearly as fun as Intoxicated Andre, but Myc was very quickly realizing he didn't really have a good excuse to leave him and Gigi. What did this mean? Well, it meant that when Andre started having a really bad tic attack in the snack room, the sentient mushroom had to help him through it.

It started small at first. A few swears and head jerks. Nothing too wild. It was a little bit weird seeing him tic considering that the drugs usually made them go away, but it wasn't nearly as concerning as his obsessive counting of the napkins, so it was fine. It only grew to a concerning level when Andre tensed up for a full ten seconds, ticcing wildly and barely being able to breathe during the whole ordeal. That's when Myc realized something was up.

We wasn't sure what to do. Gigi had gone to the bathroom (probably to avoid all the fucking chaos going on, which he couldn't really blame her for), meaning that he was left alone with a panicking addict suffering severe withdrawals and tics. "Uh, there there?" Myc tried to comfort the guy, placing a tentacle on his shoulder. Andre flinched back with a panicked "Fuck!" that Myc was unable to label as a tic or a genuine reaction. He just didn't know enough about Andre's tics to decipher what did and did not count and what would and would not help.

"Ugh, fuck..." Myc muttered to himself as the doctor twitched and spasmed, hitting himself in the chest a few times with pained noises as he did so. "What will help you right now, Sober Andre?" he asked, because asking seemed like the only logical thing to do at that moment. "If you- Fuck!- If you- Bitch!" Andre ticced over himself so much to the point where he couldn't get words out. Myc almost felt bad for the guy.

Realizing he couldn't respond vocally without interrupting himself, Andre just opened his arms to invite a hug, ticcing a few times as he did so. Myc may not have been the brightest bulb at Cognito Incorporated, but he understood well enough to know that the doctor wanted him to hold him. Am I really about to hug him while he's all panicky and shit? Myc thought to himself with annoyance. Then again, we've literally fucked each other while surrounded by lizard people. This is tame

Myc slid forward and wrapped his tentacles around the ticcing man in a warm embrace. Andre actually seemed to relax slightly at the contact, though his tics did not completely go away. Myc winced as he felt the doctor twitching and spasming wildly in his arms. "You're alright" Myc tried to reassure him, though he wasn't entirely convinced himself. "This will stop soon... Probably"

"They're usually not- CUNT! FUCK!- Not this bad- Suck my dick, bitch- But the withdrawals are definitely- FUCK!- Worsening them" Andre replied, almost sounding as though he would cry from the constant, painful tensing of his body. He just wanted it to stop.

"I know" Myc replied gently, hoping that his embrace would help Andre's tics die down. It was definitely preventing him from hitting himself, which was good. I guess I can tolerate this

"Thank- FUCK!- Thank you, Myc"

"Yeah, whatever"