percy jackson ~ anxiety (hurt/comfort) ~ rachel/annabeth

A/N : Takes place in book 4 during chapter 16 after Percy leaves Annabeth, Rachel, and Nico to look for Luke

As Percy walked off down the tunnel, Annabeth couldn't ignore the feeling of dread that formed in the pit of her stomach. The other two seemed to pick up on it, as she seemed even more tense than usual, but neither was entirely sure how to approach it. Nico sighed and sat down against the wall, deciding that her worries weren't his problem. That just left Rachel to deal with it.

"You seem worried" she pointed out. Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Yeah, no shit" she replied, a bit hostile, though Rachel didn't seem to care. She never really did seem to care about how much of an asshole Annabeth could be to her. She even understood to an extent- Being guarded was something they both shared, they just expressed it in different ways. Rachel put up walls and would go quiet when certain things came up, and Annabeth would take it out on others.

"He'll be fine" Rachel said after a moment, cautiously placing a hand on the blonde's shoulder. Annabeth, to the red-head's surprise, didn't pull away at this. "I mean, we both saw him kill a huge red guy who, by all accounts, probably should've crushed him to death" she continued, partially trying to convince Annabeth and partially trying to convince herself. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"He went missing for two weeks" Annabeth responded, glaring at the other girl. "We all though he was dead. 'By all accounts', he should've been too. A volcano blew up with him inside of it. He barely survived it as is... And, you don't know Luke" she explained, though she seemed to falter slightly as she mentioned the older boy. "I... I don't think he's a bad guy, but he really has it out for Percy, and I don't..."

"Hey" Rachel said gently, realizing how worried the other girl truly was. Annabeth just looked at her as she fiddled with her necklace to try and ward off some of her fear. "He'll be fine" Rachel assured her. "And, even if he's not, you seem smart enough to be able to deal with it as it comes"

"...Thanks, Rachel"